Welcome Everyone!

Hi everyone!

I am Tiago, a web dev who is currently working for a 3d platform you might know. I have always loved games and 3d and I feel that learning blender will help me gain a new appreciation for modeling and better understand of our customers needs.
I don’t have that much free time so I will be taking this course very slowly. Feel free to contact me and if you are in Paris I’d be happy to grab a cup of coffee sometime :slight_smile:

Cheers

Hello there everyone, I am Marvin; my mates call me mars. I’m very thrilled about this course. I am a game designer and i would like to learn 3D stuff and put it all in my 3D efforts. :smiley: allons-y

So, i’m saying hello. At this moment I am no one but will become recognizable artist in either character modeling, animation or illustration.

Hello guys

I am Lucas Bicalho, 24, brazilian, graduated in design at UFSC, with experience in 2d animation for animated series, and now I am aimming for the 3d world haha. I had some studies in 3d a couple years ago with the 3dMax software, but I already forgot everything… So with this program I want to bring back this knowledge and then focus in animation and rigging field :slight_smile:

here you can see some of my work/studies : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_kMqELpcuulV0NiQnlkYlVEOHc

I’d be happy with any feedback and/or tips haha
thank you guys

Lucas Bicalho

I’m just starting to try to learn how to use Blender to get a grasp on what it takes to make objects within it that I could then hopefully export to Unreal Engine 4. I’m pretty excited to see what this course has to offer.

1 Like

I am a complete beginner with Blender as well. The only difference is that I am hoping to make objects to export to Unity. In your opinion what are the pro’s and con’s for both Unity and Unreal? I am also fairly new to Unity.

I have never really messed with Unity so I can’t say I really know anything on that. But what got me into Unreal was the Blueprint system for coding in place of what seems like a decent portion of C++. I just kind of got the idea that it may be easier for me with the whole “wiring” of blueprints instead of typing in vasts amounts of text. It keeps my attention better than just looking at basically a notepad and with Unreal being completely free (I know Unity has a free version, but I don’t know what it doesn’t include compared to the other versions) aside from the market place.

I thought Unreal had restrictions and was not completely free. I will have to check into it. I loved programming in high school but have not done any in years and am having to learn C++ as I go. If there is less coding I might be better off learning Unreal first and working on learning C++ on the side. Thanks for the response.

In reality Unity is completely free for anyone making less than $100,000 in a year. Epic Games however requires you give them 5% of your yearly earnings for anything published with the Unreal Engine.

having used both engines, I think Unity has the better UI but sadly, you can’t scale the world units in unity the way you can in Unreal which makes Unreal a more useful Engine in my book

No problem! And they may have charges are far as if your game goes to market and makes over X amount of dollars, it’s been a while since I checked. But as far as getting access to the full UE4 engine, it is free to my understandings. There is even some content on the marketplace that is free for use.

I am currently taking the Unity course here, but I will definitely take some time to check out the Unreal engine further. Thanks for the insight! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello, Im Žygimantas Simanavičius and Im 25 years old. I am civil engineer. I have started this course, because I want to creative some good games on mobile phones and maybe PC :slight_smile:

Hello everyone! Im Thalis, 22 years old, and im at UNISC Computer`s Science Course, and now, starting Udemy courses, hope to enjoy it! My dream is to have a game dev company and make other people happy! Hugs!

1 Like

Sept 28th, Yo… software developer, trying to learn new and interesting things… got certified in unity with Ben’s other class on Udemy… Signed up with another instructor to learn blender and couldn’t follow anything they were saying… So coming back to Ben to demystify Blender for me…

Hello from Pakistan, this is Saad Haider. I am trying to learn blender so that I can make my own assets.

I am Neftali RIvera, the creator of a comic strip called Midtoon. You probably have never heard of Midtoon because it used to have two readers, but one of them passed away. At this point I use 3D backgrounds (from Sketchup) and hand-drawn characters from Manga Studio overlaid on it. I’d like to eventually switch to 3D models, probably rebuilt my backgrounds, so they are compatible with my new characters.

My level of expertise on 3D modelling is somewhere between abysmal and pathetic, so I expect quite a bit of learning from this course.

We’ll see how it goes.

My name is Gabriel, I have started this new course in Blender on Udemy, so quick intro of who I am, I am French and currently live in Bulgaria, I have been interested in 3D for many years but never had the time to fully emerge myself in it. I have been a casual artist since I have a we boy, now all grown up I still have not lost my interest in art. I am doing this course as I hope to make my first short animation (yeah I know a bit ambitious, right?) and some day if my skills improves to make more short films and why not a full feature :smiley:

Well for now lets start learning and see if I really have not lost touch in creativity…

My name is Mariano and I’m currently a game developer. I started as a cartoonist few years ago using Flash. My goal is to have some modeling/animating skills in Blender in order to integrate the results in Unity, and come back to an old love with a brand new tool -and one more dimension :slight_smile:

Hello everybody! My name is Steve and I am an electrician by trade. I’m relatively new to Blender, I was introduced to 3d Modeling when I was taking engineering courses at Delaware Technical Community College. Some classmates were playing around with Blender before class started one day and showed me some of the basics. Then a few months went by and when I got some free time, I decided to start playing around with it. I have followed a few YouTube tutorials, but as far as going off on my own I get lost. My end goal with blender is to make short animations I can share with my friends and just have fun with it. I am a huge Star Wars fan and a member of the 501st Legion and think it would be pretty cool to make little animations of different troops that I do.

I’m here to refresh my Blender Skills… I’d done some minor content creation in the past but nothing for around 5 years. So I’m looking forward to it.

Privacy & Terms