Welcome Everyone!

Hey everyone!
My name is Jordan Pijnenburg.

I want to create animated movies for Children and (of course) tamper in Video Games.

I wish to create a nice basis to help children in hospitals to be the star of their own small animated film, where they can be the hero of their story. Possibly even voice act parts of it.

Those are all dreams for now, let’s start the learning first! :slight_smile:

I am a freelance graphic designer and musician, so I have quite some experience in tailor-making music for projects or arts for projects. If anyone wants some help with Photoshop for texturing or wants some music, I’ll be glad to help and hit me up!

Hello Everyone!
I’m Aaron from the UK.
I just wanted to learn something new to be honest and seamed like a good thing to learn.

Hey guys my name linzey. I’m looking at getting into 3d Modelling for 3d printing cosplay items from popular media. i also want to design my own range of garden gnomes :smiley:

Hello guys, my name is Giorgio. My final goal is to make italian gaming industry grow by creating a company and making games. I want you to know that you are helping me a lot with this course so thanks! The best game i want to develop will be called “Esordium” and i’ve already wrote a book about his entire lore, and it should come out in a couple of years… so if you want check it out :slight_smile: , and thanks again.

Hi everyone,

My name is Olivier, I am a designer coming from the web and mobile industry. I am learning Blender and Unity because I want to dig deeper in the VR/AR and Mixed Reality world and want to build my 1st 3D game.

++

Hello, I’m Rahul and my goals are just to learn for fun and possibly even to incorporate into teaching medicine.

Hi I am interested in this course to do some 3D modeling and eventually some animation. Hopefully after a while then I will put the models towards some games.

Hi!
I’m David and I want to learn how to use blender and unity to create video games. Right now I focus on Blender because I want to create assets for my games but firstly I would like to 3D print some Christmas gift :slight_smile:
Have a nice learning everyone!

My names is James Brunner and I have spent the last 10+ years as a professional illustrator and corporate graphic designer. My passion has always been video games. With plans of starting a family on the horizon I am now pushing hard to switch career paths before time for outside learning becomes even more scarce .

(If anyone is interested in seeing an example of some of my illustration work I have posted a recent marketing illustration for a game that I had a 2 day timeline to complete the illustration for)

I have always had a curiosity with 3D modeling, texturing, etc but unfortunately in art school back in 2001-2005, Columbus College of Art and Design, illustration majors could not take any of these classes. Over the last year I have been part of some indie game dev teams and have wanted to learn more about the world of 3D. I started teaching myself using wings3D, which was pretty easy to pick up and play with. Now I am ready to take it up a notch with a program that has more features…but they weren’t joking when they said the interface is confusing haha

So now I am wanting to rapidly gather more skills in 3D to not only further assist the indie teams I am part of but also in the hopes of leaving my graphic design career path and moving to one of the many game studios in my area.

Thanks for reading this and I look forward to sharing my progress and seeing the progress of others taking this class.

3 Likes

I am interested in 3D art for print and VR.

Hi I’m Jonathan, I consider myself a digital creative. I have done a small 6 month VFX course in London met Film but I feel like I needed to learn blender as it’s such a versatile and FREE tool so here I am wanting to learn it form the ground up.

HI all, my name is Alberto and I’m a C# Software Developer. I developed for many environments (desktop, web, app) and after 2 years of cross platfom app development with C# (https://www.xamarin.com/) I’m now starting with Augmented Reality for the Microsoft HoloLens (https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-hololens/en-us). This way I hope to become a skilled 3D & Unity Developer as well and make my creations available as holograms in the real world!

Do contact me if you like to have more info!

Hi all, I’m Brian. I’m a desktop apps programmer at my day job. I’ve always been interested in video games and 3D modeling; this is a great chance to learn how to use a powerful tool to further explore that space. My goal is to be comfortable and skilled enough to create models for 3D printing and for use in small games for my kids. I hope I can impress them! :grinning:

Hello everyone! My name is Ben; I’m part of a two man indie game development team called Hydezeke. Our game currently in development, Flamberge, is purely 2D, but we’ve got some amazing ideas on the burner that will eventually bring us into 3D space!

My partner Michael is in charge of programming and 2D art assets, while I write the music for the game and provide most QA and playtesting feedback. Obviously that seems a bit one-sided in terms of workload, so I’m trying to contribute more to the process in any way I can!

I’d been using Blender since I was eight, but it’s been some time since I last gave it a shot, and WOW has it changed. I’m so looking forward to relearning this amazing tool, and can’t wait to get started!

Hi there,
my name is Christian and im living in Germany. I am a web developer and try to expand my knowledge to the great and loving game industry. My first intension is to get the knowledge to create a full game by my own, which is started by static 3D Models, pushing life into it with animations and finally create the behavior inside unity3d … and so on and so on.

So lets rock this level first :slight_smile:

Hello Everyone! My name is Wyll. I am taking this course because I am learning how to create games in Unity, and I wanted to learn how to create my own assets, as well as learning how to create and animate my own models. I have played a little with blender, but have never taken an official course. I look forward to everything i’m going to learn in here, and meeting the people in this community!

Hi, everyone! My name is Caroline. I bought this course on Udemy for a while back now, but only started really going through it recently. I took this course because I wanted to learn 3D for games and printing - it’s a goal I’ve had since last year, but I got distracted. I’ve actually gone through the first couple of sections already, but I haven’t posted any of my work yet. I’d like to share some of my future work, and eager to meet people in this community. :slight_smile:

Hi!!,

My name is Germán. Like Wyll, i’m learning to create games in Unity 3D and i want to learn how to create assets for my future games. I like modeling too, so i think i’ll enjoy this course as much as unity’s.

See you!!!

Hello everyone, Zillo here!

I am a game technology student from Copenhagen, Denmark. I’ve been hacking my way through many games over the last 15 years and now I want to have a look at 3D modelling, both to be able to create something myself (mostly pretty simple stuff i guess though) and to be able to see how 3D modellers work and raise my own awareness of the work that goes into the production of 3D models and environments.

Cheers and best of luck to all my fellow students here!

Hi Everyone,

My name is Jon, I’m from the UK.

I’m a project manager, wanting to broaden my experiences and capabilities. And ultimately want to break my way into the Games industry as a producer.
I have over 15 years of industry experiences consist of Consumer Electronics, Defence and Automotive, But currently the only Games industry experience I have has been through interviews and research. However, For the last 9 months I have been teaching myself to develop games using Unreal Engine, but I don;t believe that I can produce the games I want to without further 3D modelling using tools such as Blender, my hope if to be able to bring characters to life to be able to populate my ever expanding UE city.

I have created an in depth requirements document (High Level Game Document) to define the games scope, this includes areas of a city defined by a great visionary author, of which there have been maps published that are helping to define the layout of the city. I have also drafted a character driven story that would allow the player to experience events from the stories from the outside looking in.

I am hoping to be able to develop a vertical slice of the game before opening up the concept to crowd funding and therefore also hiring Artists and designers to support the project.

I hope to post more of my progress in the near future.

Thanks,

Jon

Privacy & Terms