Welcome Everyone!

Hello.

I design and build robots. Currently I am switching my design stack from Fusion360 to FreeCad + Blender.

My primary motivation for taking this course is to design physical robot parts, however my current short term goal is actually in animation. After going through this blender course, I will design and rig a face for my current robot and use a recurrent neural network to procedurally generate keyframes (based on image data I collect from my own face).

3 Likes

Hi everyone!
I’m Rachel, I’ve been doing 3D modeling on and off for 6 years just really messing around not really focusing on any particular thing. So I am here to re-learn and get to my goals. Which are to become an environment artist, for games, films/animation. I started out at uni learning 3D in 3Ds Max but switched to Blender when I left and haven’t looked back.

1 Like

I’ve been using Blender for years, but I hit a wall in learning how to use it so I never advanced beyond making basic props for use in Daz Studio. I would love to master Blender as my primary platform for expressing creativity. I’m unaware of the realistic professional potential at this time, but I hope to find out about that from this course. I have a vision for a game that will revolutionize the standard crafting system for players.

Hi, personally I love Blender. I’m not a professional but I’ve had my share of 3D render tools (POV-Ray, LightWave, Pixar (3.5 inch floppy in those days), Maya, Studio 3D, etc…).
I can say, that Blender gave me the tools to do the things I want to achieve.

Be inspired and do not give up.
Pieter

1 Like

Just started the course and wanted to say hello. I just got into 3D printing and now it’s time for some skills in modeling. I’m using an Anet A8 printer which I’ve built and have working rather well. If anyone is into 3D printing drop me a line and say hello!

I say Hello!
I do not own a 3D printer, I use an online service for that.
I made some DIY project for home (repair).
I printed Bender and my Bunny (further in the course, you’ll create one).
Currently busy with an project print 3D in color. It’s a bit different because those objects are fragile.
They use some sort of plaster instead of plastic.

Happy printing.

Great to meet you! The bunny came out really well. I may try printing it after scaling it up a bit. I got through the first 7 lessons yesterday and will be continuing today. I’m really just interested in the 3D modeling so I may skip the animation stuff but the course content so far has been pretty good.
The 3D printer I bought is an Anet A8 from ebay. It was about $160 and was a kit I assembled but I like to tinker. I’ve spent a lot of time printing upgrades for the printer itself which makes it even more fun.
Well back to class. Have a great day!

Jim
Get Outlook for iOShttps://aka.ms/o0ukef

Hi there!
I just started the course i bought from Udemy and it said to me that i should introduce myself to the community!
So here i am!
I am Cristian Germino, a 20 years old guy from Salerno, Italy, and I am here to start my journey to be a 3D modeller-Animator, but more widely an Artist!
I would like to be a Game Designer so i think that I will able to understand and make a bit of all aspects of a videogame environment, from programming part to the graphic one since a Game Designer has to do that, i hope i will learn lots of things here! :slight_smile:
Cristian-

3 Likes

Hi all,

I’ve just started the course, wanted to say hello :slight_smile: I’m working as a creative and digital marketing manager for an ed-tech startup in Bangalore, India, but am fascinated with games! I took this course up because I want to get into building games with the Unreal engine.

Hope to get to know everyone a bit better as time goes by.

Cheers!

2 Likes

I’m completely new to this as I’ve never developed anything for video games. I’m mainly doing this for personal gain as it interests me. Who knows what will come of this and hopefully I can become good enough to move this thoughts into something visual.

Greetings from Kansas! I’m here to learn the fundementals of CG design and animation in the hopes of designing my own games. I’ve dabbled with youtube tutorials to familiarize myself to Blender and felt like I needed a more structured course to learn how to get the real creative process going. I’m happy to learn along with all of you in this course!

1 Like

Greetings from Sweden!

My name is Drago and I am a flight sim developer of 3D addons with 3DMAX and Sketchup behind me. This time its time to get more hardcore and thus I decided to buy myself this course!

Blue skies friends!

//Drago

1 Like

Hi guys just a quick hello

Hi guys just a quick hello

I am happy to be learning Blender and I am looking to forward to turning my 2D art into 3D moveable movies.

1 Like

Hello everyone, I’m Frank!
I joined this course because i’d really love to learn 3D modeling in general and the ins and outs of Blender - I’m a beginner and i hope to become great soon! Thanks, see you in class :wink:

1 Like

I am Jackson from Australia. I want to hopefully be a VFX artist in the future. My main goal is to one day work on a Marvel movie!

1 Like

Hi, everyone, I’m Joao Silva, from Brazil, and I just started this course to learn about Blender. I’m a passionate gamer and want to turn this passion into my regular job (actually I work in a diferent area). My goal is to make games that resemble the 8/16 Bits Era, with modern graphics. Well, I think that’s it. Good luck to everyone and sorry if I write something wrong.

2 Likes

I am new to the course and I started taking it as I want to develop my skills in game design and try to cover more bases in the field than what I am doing right now which is programing. My goal by the end of this course is to be able to model realistic looking objects and human looking characters.

1 Like

Hello, i’m Samuel. I’m someone with a great desire to learn to be a Blender Artist, while also having zero knowlege about it. So this is it! Nice to meet you people

1 Like

Privacy & Terms