Weird animation blend

So I have the targeting animation updated and mapped. It looks great for all normal directions and the forward diagonal directions. However, the blend of a strafe and walking backwards does weird stutter steps. I’ve made sure to reverse the run for -Y(and you can really tell a difference when you DON’T do this). My values seem right:

I’ve played around with them and made sure to loop/remove the physical movement from the animations. Any ideas?
Update: I messed with the Cycle offset for the backwards run… It helps a LITTLE bit but still looks like sliding across ice at best. It is so odd because the backwards run hack looks great for JUST backwards.

This is part of the challenge of using blend trees, finding animations that work together in combinations. All you can do is keep adjusting and doing the best you can.

1 Like

For sure. Just watching the lecture, I can’t quite tell if it looks off for him or not. Was curious if I messed something up for my beta version of 2022 is being goofy.

Thanks for all the replies, btw. I am happy that I did migrate my stuff over here from Udemy(I have like… 10 GDTV courses I think). Just want those FF/REW 5sec buttons on the video player and I’d be in heaven :joy:

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms