Wack-A-Mole: Show us what you've got!

If you’ve created something cool, please do share a video or screenshot or link with us…

Here’s my end ‘spiced up’ prototype game …

Bullet time / slow mo can be switched off from the menu

It’s ended up with two controls currently
One I find harder than the other and was there for a more actiony play but not sure it works any better (and seems to slide occasionally)

Not sure the later levels are playable - may need to speed up the player too

Feedback welcome

emphasized text

4 Likes

Rick
Can I suggest you put Quest names in the title so it is clearer in the long list which quest the topic is about?
Cheers

3 Likes

Great job!. I did find the bullet-time a bit chuggy for me, I don’t know if that’s a Web GL issue or if its because I have about a million browser tabs open. But I really enjoyed it and I liked that you put in that you can turn it off (although that isn’t clear from the UI, I thought it would make the game go in slow-mo if I chose that option). I like the zoom in on bullet time too, I totally spaced on that one, I had no ideas how to represent the bullet time, other than the obvious.

I do love popping those balloons

2 Likes

Here is what i made, nothing special took about 3 days, and gave me asome headaches but got in a stage whre i am somewhat satisfied :smiley: , tell me what you think

7 Likes

Cool - different levels - different blocks nice.

1 Like

I dig it!

1 Like

I like the speed boost, thats a nice touch.

1 Like

Cool idea having the text pop up to say when you’ve hit a block. Always nice when there’s feedback like that for the player. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Franta_oo2 this was a great effort as it has so many nice features and moments.

I like the castle, the bouncing text and the power ups and power downs.

Great Work

Kurt

1 Like

Hi,

Happy to share my result for the Wack a mole quest.
One level with some features.

The link of the game :
WACK-A-MOLE QUEST.

Hope you enjoy it.

3 Likes

Cool. That as quite mad (in a good way) - certainly didnt know what was going on in the first run through but understood more subsequently. Lots of nice little features.

1 Like

@Rick_Davidson - can you rename the title to include WackaMole please?

1 Like

That looks and plays really well. I especially love the sound effects and the on screen prompts.

Kurt

1 Like

heh Mad indeed :slight_smile: but great work expanding on the quest and adding in your own takes and complexities :smiley:

1 Like

This was great! Lots going on to keep the player busy. I’m more used to WASD controls to this was a little hard for me to pick up but still enjoyed it.

1 Like

Thanks! I Moved my post to the other thread!!!

v2.0 : new High Score Tables plus a few UI tweaks

@EddieRocks looks and plays fab with the simple controls.

One minor point of feedback, its not obvious to click the 1 to start at first!

Kurt

1 Like

Nice! Are you updating Time.fixedDeltaTime during bullet time? I think that should smooth things out if you do. Check out the Brackeys bullet time tutorial for why.

Privacy & Terms