VS Code compiler issue. Exit code 2

Greetings all. Cut a long story short, I have tried all the solutions in this related article, none have worked, unfortunately. CppDbg Debugger broken ( Version 1.6.0-insiders: August 12, 2021 ) · Issue #7971 · microsoft/vscode-cpptools · GitHub

I have removed both these files within the .vscode directory: %USERPROFILE%.vscode\extensions\ms-vscode.cpptools-1.6.0-insiders\install.lock
%USERPROFILE%.vscode\extensions\ms-vscode.cpptools-1.6.0-insiders\debugAdapters

Restarted Visual code multiple times, nothing has worked. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Also to clarify, I completed Axe_Game and had no compile issues with that, so I’m very confused.

` Executing task in folder vscode-template-main: C:/raylib/mingw/bin/mingw32-make.exe RAYLIB_PATH=C:/raylib/raylib PROJECT_NAME=dapper OBJS=*.cpp BUILD_MODE=DEBUG <

mingw32-make dapper
mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory 'C:/Users/USER/Desktop/vscode-template-main'
mingw32-make[1]: *** No rule to make target '*.cpp', needed by 'dapper'.  Stop.   
mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory 'C:/Users/USER/Desktop/vscode-template-main' 
mingw32-make: *** [Makefile:388: all] Error 2
The terminal process "C:\raylib\mingw\bin\mingw32-make.exe 'RAYLIB_PATH=C:/raylib/raylib', 'PROJECT_NAME=dapper', 'OBJS=*.cpp', 'BUILD_MODE=DEBUG'" terminated with exit code: 2.

Terminal will be reused by tasks, press any key to close it`

I think your cpp file must be in the vscode-template-main folder instead of vscode-template-main \ .vscode

1 Like

Seconding Philx here, your cpp file needs to be moved to the root (main) folder of the project. Give that a try.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms