Visual Studio

Everything is fine in visual studio , all recommendations are appear but when I checked in visual studio - extension and update , I didn’t find any visual studio tools for unity .Even I search it but not find.
Any problem for this or everything is fine .Let me know.

And another thing is, in unity when I choose visual studio as external script editor it show generate project file for. So what should I put correct mark. Suggest me.

Hi,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

1. In VS Code, go to the Online menu on the left. See your first screenshot. With ctrl + E, look for Unity.
  2. Restart Unity and VS Code. Then launch Unity and select Visual Studio Code. If necessary, click on “Browse” in the dropdown menu and navigate to the VS Code folder. Maybe you’ll also have to go to Window > Package Manager in Unity. Install the Visual Studio Code Editor package.

Did this help?

See also:

1 Like

Hello,
Thank you for replying :slightly_smiling_face:
Actually I checked whatever you told and everything is alright and visual studio also work fine. I also uninstalled it and install once again but in visual studio - extension , I didn’t find any visual studio 2019 tools for unity. I also use ( ctrl+E ) to search for visual studio tools for unity but not find.
I guess in 2019 VS this two extension is required only. If you use 2019 VS and latest unity please check it . Because I didn’t found any visual studio for unity tools in Extension .Even after search online in VS.
Please guide me and share screenshot .

I’m sorry for the late reply. For some reason, your answer did not pop up in my notifications. Next time, please feel free to tag me with @Nina if I don’t reply within 48h during working days.

You could also check the Options whether the Unity tools are there.

If nothing helps, I’d suggest to simply reinstall VS. Make sure to select the “Tools for Unity” during the installation routine.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms