Visual studio or atom

Hi there, I’ve been going through your “complete C# Unity game developer 2D” course on Udemy (great course by the way!) and I got to the 3rd video “Your first code” when I created a new C# script, double clicked and it opened up on atom instead of visual studio which is what I had been hoping for.
So my question is how do I get unity to open C# scripts in visual studio instead of atom. And does it matter are the two different in any important way. Thanks

P.S working on mac. Specifically a late 2014 mac mini.

P.S 2.0 What I’ve done was open up the file in visual studio, I’m gonna continue from this but feedback would still be nice.

Hi,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

Were you able to install Visual Studio? If so, you could select it as your External Script Editor in Unity (Edit > Preferences > External Tools). Did this work?

See also:

Yes! Thank you so much I’m pretty new to unity and would have never thought of this thanks. Having tried out each a bit last night I really prefer Visual Studio so thank you. I hope to be part of this community more. Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms