Visual Studio Community: highlight files that have errors

Hey! I’ve noticed that visual studio code highlights the files that contain errors turning them red in the filename, so it’s easy to spot and debug errors. I’m not getting that feature in VS community, is there any setting I need to turn on?
cheers

These are 2 different applications. Afaik Visual Studio does not have this feature. I use Visual Studio and checked it (because I do have this feature) and I am actually using an extension to get this. It’s called ‘Solution Error Visualizer 2022’. You should be able to install it from within Visual Studio. I use Enterprise Edition, so I’m not 100% sure that it will be available for Community Edition

thanks! will try asap!

To add to the fun, I use JetBrains Rider. In Rider, the files are blue if they have been updated but not yet committed to git, and red if they are new and not committed to git.

That being said, Rider’s Problems in Solution panel gives you a handy roadmap to all the issues in your project. Worth every penny.

thanks! I tried Solution Error Visualizer with no luck, but I’m using VS 2019 so that might be the issue. I switched to VS Code which has that feature, maybe I’ll stick to VS Code and see how it goes. Thanks for the help!

There may be a 2019 version. That being said, I seldom use the feature. I find it to be a little buggy or slow. I tend to just let Unity build the code and then double-click the errors in the console to get to the affected scripts

Privacy & Terms