Visual Studio Code Snippets

Hello all, I am switching from VSCode to using Visual Studio because VSCode bugged out so many times, in particular recently with the OmniSharp randomly not working, but then sometimes working on refresh and others not. So fixing that would be awesome, but I don’t mind Visual Studio as that has worked better, however I was wondering if there was a way to get it to complete certain methods like VS Code does?

For example, it will auto suggest things like ‘transform’ or ‘debug’ when typing in a letter. But it will not suggest or complete the more difficult to remember lines such as OnTriggerEnter2D(Collider2D other) for example.

In VSCode I think that is what the code snippets helped with, is there something similar or a way to do this within Visual Studio? Any help would be appreciated! Thank you.

Ok so I updated it and that seemed to work. :slight_smile: Disregard. I am curious as to issue with the OmniSharp though in VSCode still.

Hi,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

For VS Code, we collected all solutions we know. If they didn’t help you, you could do a bit more research yourself but, to be honest, unless you need VS Code for some reason, it is perfectly fine to use VS. If something does not work with VS, follow this instruction.

I use VS, too.

See also:

Thanks for the welcome! And for the reply! So far so good with Visual Studio so I’ll keep rolling with it. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms