Unsure of how to proceed with Network Manager script updates

In the unity multiplayer course, I’m trying to follow along with the MyNetworkManager script. However, it no longer seems to work the way it does in the lesson.
I tried changing ‘NetworkConnection’ to ‘NetworkConnectionToClient’ but still get this error message:
Assets/Scripts/MyNetworkManager.cs(8,26): error CS0115: ‘MyNetworkManager.OnClientConnect(NetworkConnectionToClient)’: no suitable method found to override

I’ve seen some comments about how NetworkManager.OnClientConnect is obsolete (NetworkManager.OnClientConnect is obsolete) and that there are new script templates. But I don’t know how to use them. I feel a bit stuck.

Is there an easy to follow guide for solving this and continuing on with the course?

Hi there,
The instructor added a lecture at the end on how to update to the latest Mirror etc.

The lecture is called “Updating Packages”.
Try watching that and see if it helps, let me know if you still need help getting it working and I can walk you through the changes.

Thank you for the reply.
I restarted from the beginning and looekd over the script templates myself. It’s working now!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms