Unresolved external symbol

Hi,

with the add of

ConstructorHelpers::FClassFinder MainGameUI(TEXT("/Game/xxx"));

i do get an Unresolved external symbol and can’t find out what the problem is until now …

in your ‘ProjectName.Build.cs’ Line 11, you need to have “UMG” in the PublicDependecyModuleNames list

Is that something that’s not there anymore by default?

I’m using UE 4.17.2 and VisualStudio2015
On all my recents project i have :

PublicDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(new string[] { “Core”, “CoreUObject”, “Engine”, “InputCore”, “HeadMountedDisplay” });

Didn’t we add the UMG module in the lectures?

So I am still getting this error, and I definitely have UMG in the .cs file. Tried rebuilding VStudio files but no difference. Any Thoughts?

These errors can be unhelpful. What is the actual error log saying?

Sure! Couldn’t fit whole log on screen. Let me know if you want to see the rest. Thanks.

so I noticed I forgot to put 'static in front of constructor helpers… but still having the issue! I wonder what it could be?

Have you got that function implemented in the .cpp file? Could you screenshot the declaration and the implementation?

Like this?

So I figured it out, and it was a dumb mistake. There seems to be a build file with the same name in the Config folder, which is where I put my “UMG”. It needed to be in source folder. Images to show you where I was editing the build file. Whew…

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms