Unreal Engine 4 Editor Interface

How do you find the editor’s interface? Do you have a preferred layout?

It would be great to see screenshots of your preferred layout if you have one.

How many of you work across multiple monitors with Unreal?

I generally stick to almost default in any IDE. Once you get used to it, its easy to jump between anything even when the layout is different. But at the same time if differences tick you off then might as well change it to be the same.

I wish I had a 3rd monitor to justify a setup like this…

This is my layout so far, it’s still pretty default, I just moved the details down by the content browser.
As I get used to the UI, I’ll probably move some windows over to my second monitor, or have one monitor with just the viewport.

When i am opening the Project, a message is popping up that “This ‘Console Plugin’ was designed for 4.22.0. build”.

And Other message is "Failed to open the map file. This is most likely because the map was saved with a newer version of the engine

And nothing is displaying in the Engine as you can see.

I left the unreal editor the way it is. I like it that way for now.

I’m on Mac and I got this message:

Can someone please tell me what I should do?

1 Like

By the moment i like the current layout, but as i progress through the course i will make my own layouts according to what i need.

error1

Help.

I also have an issue, UnrealEditor freezes very often and sometime crashes. But I guess it’s not the right place to get some help about this, as nobody got replies to their issues in the previous messages.
Any idea of a good place to get some help to fix those UnrealEditor’s issues?
Thank you in advance.

I am getting the same error

Hi! The problem was solved. Please see this post:

Hope it helps!

Privacy & Terms