Please help- Bulls and Cows project could not be compiled

Hi all,

I’m on Mac OS and I have just started the Bulls and Cows project. I downloaded the files and tried to run it. What I got from Unreal was a message saying the following:

Please if anyone knows how to fix it, let me know as I really want to start this project and continue the classes. I have no clue why this is happening and my fellow cpp learners seem to have no issue.

p.s. I tried to reinstall Unreal but as of Jun 20, 2019, 4.22.2 is no longer available and I downloaded 4.22.3. But the same thing happens- cannot compile!

:pray:
I.

You can try what’s listed here https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/184845/could-not-be-compiled-try-rebuilding-from-source-m.html

I had a similar situation on Mac OS, I resolved it by doing the following steps:

• Delete the Intermediate directory of my project.
  • Right click on the uproject , click on Services then Generate XCode Project .

This will create the XCode project, you can then open it and build the project or re-launch Unreal Engine and open the project, it will ask you to build, click yes and it will build the project for you.

Thank you so much!! It’s finally built!

Does it mean that from now on I will need to work in Xcode? Or I can switch back to VS code and leave the Xcode project alone?

Is it compiling now after switching back to VSC? If not then that would probably also need something similar done.

It is. Everything is now going well and I can follow the tutorials with no issue. Thank you very much!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms