Unity VSCode autocomplete not working

Hi, i have a problem with autocomplete in vs. I downloaded all extensions that was shown in the “Download Unity & VS Code” video. I started worring becouse in the Using AddRelativeForce() video, Rick has a lot of autocomplete options after “rb.” and i dont. Can someone help me?
Edit1 I have installed .net and still dont work
Edit2 I know my english isn’t perfect so if you dont understand something, tell me.

Hi,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

Please follow the instruction on this website and make sure all required extensions are installed: https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/other/unity

If the issue persists, please check the console of VS Code (not Unity!). If the .NET Framework 4.7.1 (Developer Pack) is mentioned there, download and install it from the official Microsoft website. Here is the link: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework/net471

Depending on your version of Unity, it might be that you will have to install the “Visual Studio Code Editor” package in Window > Package Manager in Unity.

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + P in VS Code.
  2. Type “OmniSharp: Select Project” and press Return.
  3. Select the solution workspace entry.

Maybe you’ll have to reboot your computer. Then launch Unity again and open one of your scripts.

See also:

1 Like

All of that solutions don’t work for me.
Now i have error on output:
Could not locate MSBuild instance to register with OmniSharp.

Maybe you could test no149’s solution:

And this:

Still dont work for me :frowning:
I have still that error on output

Install and use Visual Studio (Community Edition). For some students, VS Code simply does not work well. Maybe due to a problem with Unity, some update or whatever.

1. Download VS and follow this instruction.
  2. Select VS as your External Script Editor in Unity (Edit > Preferences > External Tools).
  3. Install the “Visual Studio Editor” package in the Package Manager.

That should work.

1 Like

Thanks! That works for me!

they no longer are packaging the ms build tools with omnisharp for whatever reason. You can download them manually from the Visual studio website here
You only need to install the .net build tools, you can unchecked all the other modules.

Thanks a lot for sharing your solution! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms