Unity problems

I have started this section on Terminal Hacker multiple times and cannot duplicate what I see on the instructor’s setup.

I have been trying to do this section in Unity 2020.1.15f. I started and did the first section on the Block Model in the same Unity version as these videos. It was suggested that I switched to the latest version so that I will be able to learn the current Unity. But, things are different and my screen and the video’s screen are very different. I don’t know what to do. Even getting to C# scripts caused a problem and had me download a new version of frame.net (not sure that is the exact name).

Anyway, if this helps show my problem, here is a picture of My Unity screen showing the Hacker script and layout of the Assets panel (which is also different). Notice in the inspector that there are 2 instances of Hacker.cs and incorrect names for it.

I am totally confused.

hi Richard, ive encountered some similar things, it might be much easier and less problems if you download the same version of the unity client. Unity 2017 1.1

look under 2017.x tab

i had innitial problems with libraries missing ect, getting the same version fixed these issues
hope that helps you.

Thanks, I will give your suggestion a try!
AND, welcome to the community!!

1 Like

How are you getting on with this, @Richard_Rayer?

See also:

Thanks for checking and asking. I am taking a couple weeks off for the holidays so I haven’t been working on it for a while. I will be back in stride in January. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 32 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms