Unity not contacting licencing server?

Hi guys,

I was wondering if you guys can help me here, I am currently working on Glitch Garden and when I tried to launch unity 4.6 I get the error of unity saying it could not activate the licence, usually I would have to sign in and there would be no issues but today I keep getting errors: " Error loading page: SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK"

I have tried multiple solutions ranging from uninstalling and reinstalling, allowing ports (80 & 443) in my firewall software.

I have looked up and they also have mentioned that it can be to do with weak or intermittent internet issues but it is fine, I have no issue when loading unity 5.5.

I have also added some screen shots of what unity displays to me as well.

unity%20error%201

unity%20error%203

Apologies in advance if I have assigned it to the wrong section of the forums.

Kind Regards,

Teriuox

Thanks for reaching out, @Nina could take a look and see if you can help Teriuox?

All the best,
Lucy
Part of the GameDev.tv team

1 Like

Hi Terioux.

Unity requires an internet connection to (re-)activate the license. Please ensure that no firewall and no antivirus software are blocking Unity.

2 Likes

If the internet connection isn’t the issue, there are a couple of other things you can try also;

You could of course just proceed with the course using a more recent version of Unity :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi guys, thank you for replying so quickly it is greatly appreciated. @Nina I have checked my internet connection which is fine, I double checked my antivirus and fire wall and they aren’t blocking unity. I have also tried the three links that @Rob provided but it still comes up with the same errors, I may have to be patient and wait for the updated version using unity 2018 that you are all working on in the meantime. I am so glad you guys are working extremely hard on it.

I have already enrolled myself on the RPG course and taking a couple of lessons at that until you guys have updated the course.

You guys are awesome and thank you again! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

I may have to be patient and wait for the updated version using unity 2018 that you are all working on in the meantime

You can, but you don’t need to, there isn’t anything really stopping you from using a more recent version of Unity for Glitch Garden, differences in the API will either be documented under the Resources in the course on Udemy, or, well covered in questions on the forum here - you are of course welcome to ask if you run into problems.

I’m surprised the manual activation process didn’t work. Have you tried a combination, e.g. deleting any existing license file and then manually activating?

1 Like

I’m surprised the manual activation process didn’t work. Have you tried a combination, e.g. deleting any existing license file and then manually activating?

It does not give me the option to do it. It will load up unity then throw up the errors I originally posted above, it never gave me a chance to even activate it manually.

I have even tried to reinstall unity but it makes no difference.

I may give it a go on a more up to date version of unity :slight_smile:

hmmm, probably not worth wasting your time on then, regarding the activation, I’d just move forward with a more recent version - the differences are well covered so you should be ok, just expect a few things to be different from the video content in the lectures. :slight_smile:

Privacy & Terms