Unity Netcode - offline mode

I’m half through the course, and I see that we create network bootstrap on startup that needs to authenticate in order to go to menu scene and host/join game.

Is there a way (and will it be disccussed in this course) for creating Unity Netcode such way that it will work offline? Or is there some mode for it?

If it’s offline you’d just be playing by yourself, so no multiplayer. You could - instead of waiting for players to join - just start the game with only 1 player. Then play by yourself.

When you say “work offline”, what kind of functionality are you hoping for? Do you mean playing over a local area network?

I want offline mode - so when someone, for example doesn’t have internet at the moment, can still play some scenarios or campaing. I don’t want to write separate code for single player.

Okay, so you just want some single player functionality. You could probably do this by having a single player mode that just starts a locally hosted game, and then runs our code as is. Since we have it setup to use relays we are currently connecting to UGS which requires an internet connection, so obviously that is the part that needs a work around.

There is a thread here with some ideas.
https://forum.unity.com/threads/does-netcode-for-gameobjects-have-offline-mode.1205239/

My “r” key seems to be bnoken and only types n’s instead of r’s, so I’ll tny and look into this mone laten.

:laughing: Random. Even with all the r’s you typed.

Thanks. I’ll look into that.

In Yitzchak’s case it will be “nardom” :smiley:

I had to copy and paste those r’s at some point lol. Restarted the computer and it was working again.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms