Unexpected rotation added to PlayerRig when playing/

Hi,
I am setting up the timeline/animation using the PlayerRig and everything looks fine, but when I hit play, the ship in the PlayerRig, gets a rotation transformation. I can’t figure out why. I’ve deleted the original player rig animation and tried again with the same result. It is odd because it was working fine yesterday
I have created a link to a video to show what happens.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

My first guess would be that the ship itself also has some sort of animation attached, which activates when the game is started. Another possibility is that the ship has a script attached which changes its rotation in Start() or Update() The problem may not be related to the PlayerRig or to your timeline at all, if the source of the rotation is caused by something else than it won’t be reflected in the preview.

Thanks for the fast response.
I checked the prefab and it was 0,0,0 on the rotations, but I guess it is moot now since my project crashed and for some unknown reason took all my files/scripts with it, so now I am right back at square one (I guess that’ll teach me to try and start git in the middle of a project :frowning: ).

Hi Biggles007,

Were you able to solve the problem?

One more thing: Make sure to include all relevant properties in the first keyframe. Ideally, you set the initial values there. Otherwise, the animation will use the property values of the first keyframe it finds, which is not always the very first keyframe of the animation.

I guess that’ll teach me to try and start git in the middle of a project :frowning:

Using git is a good idea. :slight_smile:

See also:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms