Unable to see same output in Diffuse/Normal Map/Mask Map

I’m unable to get a similar rendering when using the same terrain tools as shown to download for this specific part in the course.

Course Video:
https://www.udemy.com/course/unitycourse2/learn/lecture/24896528

Terrain Tools:

Instructor’s Screenshot:

My Screenshot in same settings:

As you can see, 2 different renderings, what am I doing wrong? I want to achieve the same look for learning purposes but unable to.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks

Hi Jamesta,

Have you already tried to restart Unity? If so, I’m wondering if the “problem” is caused by the lighting. Rick’s scene looks fairly dark as if the lighting has not been generated yet. Your scene looks as if the lighting has been generated.

What you could try is to tweak the values of the Directional Light game object in your Hierarchy to affect the lighting in the scene. Maybe you’ll have to update the lighting afterwarts in Window > Rendering > Lighting Settings. At the bottom of the Inspector, click on “Generate Lighting”. Depending on your hardware, you could enable or disable “auto-generate lighting”.

Did this help?

See also:

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply @Nina, unfortunately it didn’t help or work, must be my laptop, it’s cheap and only 1GB GPU memory, maybe I need a higher end machine?

I’ll just try my best and keep moving forward in the course.

Thanks again.

1GB GPU sounds like very weak hardware. I’m surprised that you were able to create this rather complex terrain. However, if you were able to create your games with your current hardware and if you are able to play your games, you do not need a better laptop/computer.

What exactly did not work? Did you try to change the values of the “Directional Light” game object and clicked on “Generate Lighting”? Didn’t the lighting change at all?

If it didn’t, open the game window. Does the terrain look the same as in your scene window? If it does not, maybe the lighting in the scene window is disabled. Click the button with the lightbulb to see if the view changes.

Are there any error messages in your console?

Privacy & Terms