Unable to implement abstract class

Hi.
The statement does not throw an error - Thus, VSC doesn’t suggest to implement abstract class. Any ideas?
smachinebug

Hey @zoetbh, If you’ve seen The Matrix, think of this as the Morpheus Pill Choice :smile:

1. You can spend the next 3h - 2days debugging why VS Code is not working (…again) instead of using that time doing what you love: learning game development. Others have taken this path before you :slight_smile:

2. Download Visual Studio Community (win) / Visual Studio for Mac
    or try out JetBraind Rider (30days trial) and continue doing what you love: learning to code great games.

Joke aside, and I might be wrong about this, but the only reason (that makes some sense) why they use VS Code on GameDev.tv is OS Parity - same look and feel on both win and mac (and I think its the same shortcuts). It makes sense from a teaching point of view, but not much from a user point of view. Anyway, you can look over this answer about fixing VSC here Intellisense not working Visual Studio Code C# Unity - #3 by Nina

I’ve been a happy user of Rider for over a year and a half with zero issues. It made me a better coder with helpful suggestions and strict code requirements for naming things.

I hope this helps.

Yeah, no.
I code in a few different languages, I’d rather not download 10 different IDEs for all of them ^^
VSC suits my needs, it’s lightweight and decently customisable.
This is literally the only issue I’ve had with the software so far in my few years of using it ^^
Thanks for the recommendations, and the link though.

I’m taking a chance here, but it could be that the abstract class has no abstract members. If there are no abstract members (only virtual) then what you have is correct and the abstract class is implemented in its most basic form and there will be no errors or IDE option to implement it

Nah, it’s just about it not showing up as an error in VSC.
You can see here unity fails to compile.

Solved it though, just had to do some digging. Thanks all ^^

Great stuff, glad you solved it. Of course, the old-school way of solving it would just be to manually implement it :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, I was thinking of doing that, but figured fixing it would make my life easier :smirk:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms