"Unable to find player assembly"

Hi, I’m trying to build the Pong sample from Mirror, and while the .exe is made, this warning pops up.

Unable to find player assembly: PROJ_FOLDER\Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\UnityEngine.TestRunner.dll
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning (object)
Unity.Burst.Editor.BurstAotCompiler:OnPostBuildPlayerScriptDLLsImpl (UnityEditor.Build.Reporting.BuildReport) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.burst@1.6.5/Editor/BurstAotCompiler.cs:350)
Unity.Burst.Editor.BurstAotCompiler:OnPostBuildPlayerScriptDLLs (UnityEditor.Build.Reporting.BuildReport) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.burst@1.6.5/Editor/BurstAotCompiler.cs:208)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

When I run the build, the game works okay for the first paddle, but the ball just slips through the second-player paddle.

Is there something I’m missing?

(PROJ_FOLDER is just the folder I use. I just don’t like people seeing my folder paths.)

ETA: It was a warning (Yellow triangle), not an error (red octagon).

After I put this up, I tried rebuilding. I still had the warning pop up, but the build worked fine. The ball didn’t just go through the second paddle. It’s normal.

I suppose the issue didn’t affect my game as much as I thought. I’d still not like to see it, but it’s a lower priority compared to the game working normally.

1 Like

Hey there, glad it is working now. Mirror has been changing a lot, so depending on which version of Unity and Mirror you are using, you are bound to get warnings like this.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms