Udemy Help - Interactable Objects Not found

https://www.udemy.com/course/unity-vr-game-development/learn/lecture/39125360#overview

I am not able ti see the interactable objects like its explained here. I have downloaded the zip attached. Please help how to see those imported objects which is shown in the course. Link of the udemy course provided

Hi and welcome to the community Akarsh.

Would you perhaps happen to have a mac computer? If so, you need to download a third party tool to extract the zip file. Macs treat the unitypackage as a zip within the zip so extracts it and leaves it in an unusable state.

If that’s not the issue, let me know and give me some more details if you could.

I have uniziped it
Image attached.
Then I drag this folder to assets in kmy project

But the gameObjects I am seeing in Udemy course are not there

Ok, you can’t unzip on a mac using the build-in zip function

You have to use a tool such as 7-zip ( Download (7-zip.org)) and you should end up with a single file that ends with .unitypackage. What you’ve shared above is what the mac zip does and that is extracted the unitypackage and shows you the sub-folders contained within it.

While I am here, I should make you aware of the fact that you cannot tether your Quest 2/3 headset on a Mac to Unity - it will not work at all. I spent some time troubleshooting with another mac user (who went and bought a PC in the end) who confirmed this does not work. You will be limited to using the simulator within Unity during development and then you can build and deploy via a tool such as sidequest to your quest 2 or 3.

Lastly, we do not cover deploying builds to the quest 2/3 so this is something you need to do yourself. The community may help, especially on discord, as a few students have done this in the past and you can request help, which you may find helpful.

I’m sure you weren’t expecting to hear this but it is unfortunately beyond our control. The issue lies with Unity and the Meta Quest devices on Macs. I can’t comment on other devices like the Index or Vision Pro

The cryptic filenames are a known issue on Mac. The default unzipper extracts too many files. Here is a potential solution:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms