Trying to Build the First Program and Failing

No clue what’s going on. It’s not the code.

• Executing task in folder Raylib-CPP-Starter-Template-for-VSCODE-main: C:/raylib/w64devkit/bin/mingw32-make.exe RAYLIB_PATH=C:/raylib/raylib PROJECT_NAME=HelloWorld OBJS=*.cpp BUILD_MODE=DEBUG

mingw32-make HelloWorld
make[1]: Entering directory ‘D:/Games/Learning C++/Lesson 1/Raylib-CPP-Starter-Template-for-VSCODE-main’
make[1]: *** No rule to make target ‘*.cpp’, needed by ‘HelloWorld’. Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘D:/Games/Learning C++/Lesson 1/Raylib-CPP-Starter-Template-for-VSCODE-main’
make: *** [Makefile:387: all] Error 2

• The terminal process “C:\raylib\w64devkit\bin\mingw32-make.exe ‘RAYLIB_PATH=C:/raylib/raylib’, ‘PROJECT_NAME=HelloWorld’, ‘OBJS=*.cpp’, ‘BUILD_MODE=DEBUG’” terminated with exit code: 2.
  • Terminal will be reused by tasks, press any key to close it.

I get the same error. don’t know what’s going on

The file extension for c++ files is cpp, not ccp. What that error means is that the makefile can’t find a valid cpp file to try and compile.

Fixed it but I’m still getting errors.

• Executing task in folder Raylib-CPP-Starter-Template-for-VSCODE-main: C:/raylib/w64devkit/bin/mingw32-make.exe RAYLIB_PATH=C:/raylib/raylib PROJECT_NAME=HelloWorld OBJS=*.cpp BUILD_MODE=DEBUG

mingw32-make HelloWorld
make[1]: Entering directory ‘D:/Games/Learning C++/Lesson 1/Raylib-CPP-Starter-Template-for-VSCODE-main’
g++ -o HelloWorld *.cpp -Wall -std=c++14 -D_DEFAULT_SOURCE -Wno-missing-braces -g -O0 C:/raylib/raylib/src/raylib.rc.data -I. -IC:/raylib/raylib/src -IC:/raylib/raylib/src/external -L. -LC:/raylib/raylib/src -LC:/raylib/raylib/src -lraylib -lopengl32 -lgdi32 -lwinmm -DPLATFORM_DESKTOP
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘D:/Games/Learning C++/Lesson 1/Raylib-CPP-Starter-Template-for-VSCODE-main’

• Terminal will be reused by tasks, press any key to close it.

Nevermind, it runs. It just doesn’t say build successful like in the video.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms