Troubles with the SessionInterface->FindSessions() function?

Hello,

I don’t know if I have a bug in my code or not but I can’t seem to be able to use the SessionInterface->FindSessions() function to reliably find the session I’m hosting on another pc with another steam id.
I changed all the settings to allow the steam system over the NULL system, but I can never find my session in the list that gets built in the Join Server menu.
Sometimes I get some results, but when I click on it the steam id doesn’t match the second account I made and I get error:
“Error: UEngine::BroadcastNetworkFailure: FailureType = OutdatedClient, ErrorString = The match you are trying to join is running an incompatible version of the game. Please try upgrading your game version., Driver = PendingNetDriver SteamNetDriver_0”

I seem to keep finding the same guys sessions as the LogOnline: Verbose: STEAM: - Id: GuysUserName is always the same.

Anyways I still have the Join by IP field in my menu and pasted in steam.STEAMIDGOESHERE:7777 and pressed join.
I was able to join the session on the hosting pc. So I can join sessions through steam, I just can’t seem to get the server list working :confused:

1 Like

Hi and sorry for the delay in answering.
Have you checked your code against the github to see if you’ve missed anything?

When you try and join, are you using a built version or an editor version. I believe you both have to be using the same built version to test this so the code matches.

Hello beegeedee,

I just finished the section and tried packaging my game again as a test, it seems to be working now :slight_smile:
I can see my server name in the list and join it, not really sure what the cause of my issue was though…

1 Like

M glad it is sorted. It’s annoying when these things happen.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms