Trouble dragging my rocket from the assets tab

Hey there!

I’m having a bit of trouble with dragging my prefabbed rocket from the assets tab at the bottom of Unity into the ‘game screen’ onto my launch pad. When in pivot mode, it works perfectly and ‘spawns’ my way through the ground. When in centre mode, on the terrain the rocket will spawn in flush with the ground, but when I try and place it on top of my launch pad it shoots up and hovers above the launch pad with lots of space between them instead of ‘snapping’ to it and appearing flush.
If I drag the prefab from the bottom tab to the far Left assets tab it will spawn normally on top of the launch pad too, so I’m not really sure what the issue is. Thanks in advance!!

Hi Felix,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

Unity is not a 3D modelling software, so its options are very limited. I usually don’t drag and drop game objects directly into the scene because, as you experienced it yourself, it is not easy to achieve the desired precision. For this reason, if the rocket does not spawn at the target position, you could adjust its position in the Inspector of the Rocket game object in the Hierarchy.

The manual might also be helpful. There are a few paragraphs on snapping.

Also please feel free to ask our helpful community of students for further advice over on our Discord chat server.

Did this help?

See also:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms