Trigger is completely broken after this lecture, it worked before

after fiddling with it for 3 hours I gave up, punched a wall, then copy pasted the code from the lecture project into trigger and mover and even then it will not work. I tried attaching some ulogs to the if statement

and yet even when I put the gargoyle in the right place it still spits out “should not move” as if the overlap event hasn’t occured yet before this lecture it worked just fine.

the blueprints look identical too I don’t get what the issue is.

Could you show the viewport of the blueprint?

you mean this? I went for a slightly different aesthetic, you put the gargoyle on the plinth and it makes the wall go down

Yes, I wanted to check the trigger volume didn’t reset or anything. Does the gargoyle have Generates Overlap Events enabled?

yes as does the trigger volume

Could you show your AcceptableActor function?

And the tag on the gargoyle and trigger match?

yup

In that case would you mind sending me your project using the following link?

https://gdev.tv/projectupload

Please use File > Zip Project within Unreal as this will ensure only required files are zipped up and things like the Binaries are excluded.

so I found out what the issue was. For some reason the statue refused to be recognized by the trigger volume so I had to delete it off the wall then exit UE5, rebuild the code in VScode, relaunch UE5, then skip ahead to where you can do the trigger volume separate to the wall via linking it in the level blueprint and THEN it started working. It just means I had to reposition the plinth and trigger because it obviously no longer goes down because it doesn’t have the mover attached.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms