Trees take much more effort than i thought

…i do like them more than from the add on though.

Hey guys.

Here are my trees. would appreciate some feedback :slight_smile:

Have a great day!

4 Likes

They look fine.

It just depends on your attitude to realism. It may not matter at all.
Go out and look at a tree! You will not see much of the branches at all on most. To me those trees look like they have had a really bad time, perhaps with drought and lost most of their leaves! A healthy tree will try to monopolise all the light it can, no gain in letting light go to waste underneath it!

2 Likes

More branches, this is probably bad advice, but my trees looked really bad when I first made them, in the end I just added loads of branches, I just added as many as the tree could fit, I didn’t really follow any plan or design I just populated it with branches, in my opinion they came out looking okay after that.

It’s probably bad advice because most people would say to follow a plan and place your branches strategically, that is also the way the course teaches you, It’s a good plan to try do that it’s always good to have a plan of course, but trees do have a degree of randomness to them branches and leaves will grow from where ever they can, where ever the light is, so you can certainly get away with populating it with as many branches as you can, just rotate, scale and give it a bit of randomness.

2 Likes

As a kid my grandfather asked me a “thought question”: on average, how many layers of leaves on a tree between ground and sky? Answer: 1: if too much fewer, tree will grow more. If too many more, some leaves will die.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms