Tree drawing distance

Hello all! I’m currently at the “add trees to terrain” lesson, and I managed to add them but I’m having a problem where the trees disappear unless I zoom in really close, which makes it difficult to paint them, since I can’t really have an idea of how they are spread on the terrain. Is there any settings where I can change this distance? I saw there is a “tree distance” setting on the terrain setting but it’s already at maximum (5000) and changing it doesn’t have any effects. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hi Daniel,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

Select the Terrain in your Hierarchy, then press F zu set the focus on the terrain. It might be that the focus is on another game object.

If the issue persists, disable “Occlusion Culling” in the Scene Camera. Bear in mind, though, that this might have a significant negative impact on the performance of Unity. The more Unity has to render in the scene window, the slower Unity becomes.

http://answers.unity.com/answers/1667448/view.html

I hope this helped. :slight_smile:

See also:

Hey!

I don’t know if you found a solution that works for you yet, but I was having this same problem. To fix it, I went into “Terrain Settings” and changed the “Fade Length” value under “Tree and Detail Objects.” This allowed for the trees to be rendered further out, but but does not render every single tree in the map.

Hopefully that helps!
EV

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms