Timeline animation plays in Timeline window, but not in Game window

Hi,

Whenever hitting the play button in Timeline window, the animation plays fine, but then when hitting the play button in the game window, the Player rig, or the Player ship, just makes a very small movement and then nothing else happens. From the beginning with using timeline all worked fine, but then all of a sudden I get this behaviour. Do you have any ideas on how to get it working again?

I have tried deleting everything to start over, and it works initially but after a while again I get the same behaviour. I can´t really go on with this course if I don´t get any help with this. Why does the animation play fine in the animator window, but not in game window?

Hi,

Are there any error messages in your console? Have you already tried to restart Unity and Visual Studio? Which version of Unity do you use?

Hi Nina,

No error messages in console. Restarting Unity works initially, but then same thing happens quite fast. Unity v. 2019.4.9f1. I Will right now try to update to v. 2019.4.14f1

After starting Unity, the animation plays fine even in the game window. But, if I do some editing in teh timeline window, adding keyframes or removing, animation stops playing in the game window.

Weird thing is that, if I hit play in the timeline window or in the animation window (the window that opens if you double click on the recorded track in timeline), then the animation plays fine. But as soon as I hit play in the game window it does not play.

I have tested now, just very briefly, with the new version of Unity and it seems to work now. I´ll get back to you in this thread otherwise. Thank you so far!

What you described sounded like a bug. I’m glad updating seems to have fixed the issue. :slight_smile:

See also:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms