Tile Palette of different sized tiles is creating extra spaces

Hi I am having an issue with Tile Palette. I added tiles of different sizes to the tile palette and the tiles don’t seem to properly align in my scene.

The tile palette is creating extra spaces at the bottom of the tiles which doesn’t allow me to align the tile with the ground level. I have no idea why this is happening.

Hi Alejandro,

First of all, check the spritesheet and the sprite. The pivot point of each sprite needs to be in the centre. If that didn’t work for you, test the other pivot point position options. Don’t forget to click “Apply”.

Did this help you fix the issue?

See also:

Hi. I am still getting the same issue. I tried different pivot point on the sprite but it still adds spaces. Now the palette doesn’t show up the space but in the scene it still adds them.

Other tiles on the tile palette don’t add space vertically but they do horizontally.

I’m starting to think that in order for the tile palette to work properly all tiles have to be the same size. Else it doesn’t know how to properly accommodate them in the scene space.

1 Like

Nah even if all tiles are the same size in a tile palette I still get the added space at the bottom

Check the bounding box in the Sprite Editor. Make sure there is no space around the door. Also make sure that the Pixels Per Unit value matches the resolution of each sprite. The door looks scaled.

I had to adjust the pivots in the sprites. I had to create custom pivot point for each sprite in order for them to align properly.

Does that mean you solved the problem? :slight_smile:

See also:

Yes problem solved. Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms