Thoughts on Addition to this Course

I just went through a second watch of this course material just to make sure everything stuck and I can honestly say Stephen does an excellent job of teaching C++ in a way that absolute beginners, like myself, can understand. Some thoughts on the course: I just went to a C++ reference website to look over how much this course covers in terms of like ‘basic’ C++, and the basics on that website are extensive and very difficult to follow. We went over a great majority of topics that definitely help get people started on the right track for making games, but I noticed on that website that listed under ‘Intro/Basics’ there are some topics covered that involve things like ‘enums’ and ‘operator overloading’ that may be beneficial to know about maybe?
My personal thought is I think having a second C++ Fundamentals Course with Stephen would be great to sort of build on all of the topics we have learned and add some more tools to our development belts. I recommended this site to a friend so we can start building games together and he just finished and is in the same boat as me, new and wanting to learn more (but in a way we can understand, like Stephen instructs). Just my two cents. And I def enjoyed this course going the second time around as much as I did the first time. Great job!

You might want to look for materials on C (C99 or later) to have more coverage on the basics. There is no dependence on C++ features not in clean C until the last section of the course. That’s why I think of this as C/C++ with much grounding on the Clean C “subset.” It is how raylib is defined and operates too.

I’m curious where you found any need for some guard rails, or did you come with experience of other languages first.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms