This is absolutely not working for me

Using Unreal 5.0.3.

I’m stuck at trying to have a few clients connect to a local server.
I tried with and without the ?listen option after the map. I tried to make my clients connect both to my local ip and to 127.0.0.1. I also tried to add “Networking” and “Sockets” in the list of dependencies in my project.Build.cs file and recompile the project.

I have no idea what the issue is.

But in the server log, it always says this:
[2022.12.16-21.04.57:901][ 0]LogNet: Created socket for bind address: 0.0.0.0 on port 7777

IP 0.0.0.0 – is the server not managing to initialize properly? Any idea of what could be wrong?

In case that’s relevant, I’m on Windows 11.

I’ll try the same thing on a Windows 10 potato laptop on a different network and see if I get the same result.

Well, it’s working on the potato laptop. Even though I get the same line with the 0.0.0.0 ip address.
I’ll try again on the Windows 11 computer tomorrow.
I wonder if I accidentally tried to run the client with the Map as an argument. I’ll try to remember to report back here.

Hi. You need the ?listenif you want it to be a server and host. As for the op address all zeroes, this is ok.

It has nothing to do with Windows 11.i did test on ue 5.0 as it was released and it all works. I suspect everything is working. The only thing that may cause an issue is your firewall.

1 Like

It works now!
I think I was loading the client with the wrong parameters. I passed the IP AND the map, instead of just the IP.
I didn’t even need to add ?listen to the server.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms