The type or namespace name 'Steamworks' could not be found

I’m trying to use FizzySteamworks Transport and when adding the package I get the error:

Assets\Mirror\Runtime\Transport\FizzySteamworks\FizzySteamworks.cs(1,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Steamworks' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I’m using mirror 40.0.9, FizzySteamworks v4.4 and unity 2021.1.7f1.
The Assets\Mirror\Runtime\Transport\FizzySteamworks folder exists and contains the transport files, including the dependencies folder with the DLLs and the Fizzy library code.

Hi there, sorry you are having trouble.
First thing I would try is to go to Edit → preferences → external tools and press the “regenerate project files”. Sometimes this helps clear up namespace problems in the editor.

2 Likes

Hi, sorry for the delay. I did the regenerate and I still have the same error =/

Hi, i found the trigger of error. I start a clean project from scratch and nothing going wrong, add mirror and Fizzy custom packet, nothing wrong happended, so i switched to android plataform and then i got the error. The steam transport dont work whith mobile? I confess that I never researched it.

Ya I don’t think steam is compatible with android. I have never played a steam game on phone, not sure if that is even possible.

Okay, I get it. But you know what i use for relay/port forwarding on android/mobile?

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms