The results starting to look good already

By far this project is finished, but the render times are getting longer and longer.
I worry that when this section will come close to the end, render times will be very very long.

Outdoor View:

Indoor View:

8 Likes

Hello Bram,

I like all the extra windows around the bottom like that. The textures look pretty nice, too.

I think your render time might be slower due to having all those extra mannequins in the scene. It must be all that fancy choir music or something! If you have them parented to an empty, try to disable them all from render to see if that increases your times.

I don’t remember what you posted before for your render time comparisons, but I use GPU for mine usually with the size at 256 x 256. My GPU is GTX 1070 and my CPU is i5-3570k.

Take care~

1 Like

Very nicely done Bram. Very nice indeed. :wink:

1 Like

Good morning @James_Ran and @Miss_B thank you very much :grinning:

Thanks for the tips, I tested it out, disabled/excluded the mannequins from the render. Unfortunately it didn’t make any difference. I guess it is the texturing, because before I applied the texturing the render time was still reasonably OK. Also when I use flymode to walk trough the scene, I have to set the viewport shading to Solid Mode otherwise walking true the scene is to shaky. Maybe it’s time to upgrade to a new render workstation.
Currently my workstation is a Intel i7-3770S 3.10GHz Ă— 8 with a Nvidia GeForce GT 640M. Rendering on my CPU is going well, but on my GPU it is not workable, it is much slower than the CPU.

have a great day

Morning Bram (I still need to go to sleep though :stuck_out_tongue: )

It is probably due to the shadows/lighting if you could find a way to lighten the load from there. I think you could always just set your preview Samples to 1 and zoom around much smoother instead of keeping it higher. Then just increase it when you want to see the actual results or details with that Render Border Select.

The GT 640M is ok enough but it has a lower rank according to GPU UserBenchmark. I’m not sure how easy it would be to upgrade just that part of your laptop since I stick to just desktops.

Don’t let it slow you down~

It’s not possible to upgrade the workstation… it’s an all in one desktop pc.
For modeling purpose it is still great, but for building more advances scenes and better rendering times I will need to buy a new (extra) system. I was thinking about the new AMD CPU line in combination with a Nvidia GPU from the higher segment.

@Bram_van_Vliet I’m sure your bottleneck is the GPU. I have almost the same CPU as you i7 3770k @ 4.2 the only diff is I use a GTX 1080 and its “flying”.
Go for a new AMD base system with a decent Nvidia card. As the new GTX 1080 Titanium is coming the 1080 will be cheaper.

1 Like

Yeah I think so to… To bad it is not possible to just upgrade the GPU of my system.
Now I’m on the market for a good deal on a AMD Ryzen 7 CPU and good GPU… so yeah the maybe it will be the GTX 1080, it is a great performing card.

Privacy & Terms