The Devil King

A greedy king sells his soul to the Devil for immortality and is forever cursed to look like the Devil, earning him the moniker the Devil King.đź‘ż

I went for my own style while following the section for devilish sculpt.

It took about eight months, with many gaps due to prior commitments, but I finally finished the whole course.

A big thanks to @Grant_Abbitt for this amazing course that finally helped me overcome my mental block when it comes to Blender.

I was a hobbyist indie game dev back in the day when Game Maker was an open-source engine and Blender gave people trauma. 🥲

I’m happy to say I’ve finally gotten over it, and it only took me over a decade. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Complete Blender Creator Course:

1. My Lighthouse Render
  2. Modular Dungeon
  3. My Low Poly Dinosaur Scene
  4. Spitfire Scene Animation
  5. Tvie~ Walk Cycle Animation
  6. The Devil King

My journey isn’t over, though! It’s just beginning. 🥹

5 Likes

Congratulations!

Back in 2016, I did the old course (10 chapters). It took me more then a year.
So I understand the effort!

Well done, now start participating in the weekly Collab.

1 Like

Nice style, great work :slight_smile:

1 Like

I started last week but chickened out. I think I’ll do the low poly landscape and low poly character course as a refresher first because there were too many gaps between lessons in this course. Shortcuts and workflow are still not second nature yet. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Note to anyone reading: Please do your own models after lessons so you are not dependent on tutorials. I finished the whole course, but because it took over eight months and I didn’t do any modeling in between lessons, I don’t have the confidence to do stuff on my own except sculpting because that’s the last lesson I took, and still fresh in my mind. However, it’s okay for me as I suspected this would happen because of my busy schedule, and bought other courses such as low-poly landscape/character courses to act as a refresher.

2 Likes

I understand, but practice is the key as you already explained.
But some students don’t know what to create.
This collaboration is just for generating ideas, formats, and or stories.
And to see how others interpreted and visualized it.
And if you ask they will happily explain how they did it.

If you need an idea, just see many years of old Collabs for inspiration.
And don’t be intimidated by some high level of entries.
Some of us do have more experience, knowledge, skills, and creativity.
Just get inspired, we all are on a learning journey!

And above all, just have fun!
Hope te see more work from you!
Pete

1 Like

A handsome King, he got a good deal. :rofl:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms