The Complete Godot Developer Course

What is the Godot Engine? It’s an open source game engine that is 100% free. You completely own any games you make with it, you don’t have to give royalties to anyone. It’s soon coming out with a 3.0 version with a brand new 3d renderer.

10 Likes

I second this. This engine is probably my favorite one at the moment.

3 Likes

This engine is pretty good. Its optimizations allow you to render complex 3d models which are couple of megabytes and thousands of faces onto your phone.

It deserves to have a good course in Udemy sooner or later.

3 Likes

I’d also like to see this course become a reality. Godot had support for Linux from the start; it came up in a search and, for me, that was that. Now I’d like a guide to creating games in Godot 'cause it can be daunting, wading through tutorials on your own.

2 Likes

Hey, that’s a great idea! Godot 3.0 is looking really good and it will support c#, so maybe the unity devs here are interested too.

2 Likes

That would be awesome !! Godot is a great engine but lacks visibility. A complete course could help a lot

1 Like

I would love to have a great course for this engine. Godot (especially 3.0) looks incredibly interesting and that it’s a real open source one is another huge plus. I think that would be a great addition to the course portfolio.

Really love the idea… Godot engine is awesome… but still need to be know by people !

1 Like

My only big hope for Godot is that they end up having a substance plugin. But it seemed fantastic the first time I tried. If it does support PBR metal/roughness then it could be good enough.

I up this. Godot is a really good engine and looks cool! WOuld definitely love a course on this one

1 Like

Godot 3.0 support PBR

1 Like

I’m learning Unity + Blender right now but intend on starting with Godot and would love a course from gamedev.tv.

2 Likes

I’m wondering if this isn’t already in the works, considering that GameDev.tv is a Gold Sponsor of Godot.

1 Like

Yup Godot looks like it may come out on top if they keep developing the engine. I’m not exactly sure what the comparison is to UE4 or Unity as far as a complete engine. The promise of Linux support and completely royalty free sounds nice. Not to mention they also have visual scripting, which is why I stick with UE4. It’s so hard for me to concentrate on lines of code. Udemy course in the works Gamdev?

1 Like

godot 3 on the way and supports c# i would really like to see an simple RPG course on godot which explains how to work in the godot engine

Bump. Second this. Please make a course on Godot/ GDScript

Godot 3 is here. GameDev.tv is one of the three sponsors!! (https://godotengine.org/)
This course is a must. Being Open-source, it brings the power to the community. And my experience in gamedev.tv community says we may also have a few potential contributors for Godot Engine. :smiley:

2 Likes

I really wish they will make a Godot engine course. I worked very hard to apply what i had learned in Unity to Godot in an attempt to make a RPG. Godot have an awesome work flow… and it’s perfect for beginners game developpers… and it support C# now :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey giving this a bit of a bump. I would really like to see this for the Godot 3.x series.

2 Likes

I mean I’m not saying it’s happening, I’m just hinting cryptically about nothing much

1 Like

Privacy & Terms