The client cannot join the server session

Ok, so what you’re describing is exactly the issues almost everyone does have…except running the editor first. I always run multiplayer via command-line as it’s the only way to test it. When you get to the building of game assets, set up the network and 2 sessions in the editor and that works fine too.

Final testing - always command-line.

Just don’t try using the menu within Unreal as it just doesn’t work. This is not the implementation either. It seems to have been some regression in the engine. 5.3 is worse.

As far as I understand you and the translator’s translation is correct. For now I should not pay much attention to it, but go on with the lectures. And I’m not using 5.3 yet. I’ve read about how many bugs it has that are not pleasant

Yes, carry on with the course. Once you start on the game mechanics, all these issues you are seeing become less of an issue.

So there will be even more obscure bugs than these)?

No, this is the most annoying one. For 5.3,some people can’t even run from command line.

I see

I give a hint to those who in the future will have the same problem as the others. Switch off stim, it uses 7777 port, through which the client tries to connect to the server. I thought the loss of packets goes through a large interval of waiting when trying to connect that was written in the logs. But everything turned out to be on the surface, but who knows how to write in the logs another free port, then running steem you do not interfere.

Hello, and you can look again at my project only already packed, I can not understand why when creating a server log writes that everything is created but the level is not loaded, I even in the firewall gave full access. But all without result.

This was the one you sent me a while back now? I’ll take another look but will be this evening.

Yeah, that’s him.

I am not exactly sure what the issue is you’re having. There’s issues joining via menus in the editor which is a known issue but from command-line, your project works perfectly. I’ve taken a screenshot of this working for you to show this is the case.

Your code is correct and is working. If it works from command-line for you, then this is not an issue as this would be the expected (albeit wrong) behaviour.

If you are having issues from command-line, ensure the path only has ascii characters A-Z, a-z, 0-9 and certain other characters like space, -, _ and so on. All non ascii characters will potentially cause errors including but not limited to those from the Cyrillic, Korean, Chinese character sets but also including accented characters like ú and so on. The last thing you need to ensure is in your WBP_Menu, you have to ensure the server name is the same

The problem with running through the command line, I solved, even left a comment above, for those who need to solve this problem. The problem is that I packed the project in UE. And decided to check how it works in the packed version. But, even at the initial stage (at the creation of the server) the level itself character is not loaded. There was only a message about creating a level and that’s it, switching from the widget to the main menu to (playable level) did not happen. I even went into the firewall and there a few times reconfigured the settings on the private network and then deleted and overwritten the condition for this application. But the problem is not in the firewall.

I missed the packaged thing. That’s because you’ve configured the maps incorrectly in project settings->Packaging

It should be this:

Thanks, it’s working properly now. Yes and the problems with connecting the client to the server are all related to the 7777 port of styme. I just don’t know how to bind a different port there. Can you tell me what script should be written in the pathwodny file?

from what I can understand, and I’ve not looked much into this it can be done in the engine or using -port nnnn where nnnn = 7777 as default

This may help or provide more information.
Defualt Server Ports? - Community / Community & Industry Discussion - Epic Developer Community Forums (unrealengine.com)
It’s not something I’ve ever done before so I’m of little help here.

Also, try looking here:
Networking and Multiplayer | Epic Developer Community (epicgames.com)

Thanks, I’ll give it a try

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms