The Blender Collab; Weekly Themed Gallery (Week 6)

Hey guys. This one is a special week. Normally we’ve stuck to just the modelling process, but this week I want you guys to really show off what you can do!

This week is an ANIMATION. Don’t get threatened, it doesn’t need to be a big one! Even if it’s just a loop of one second, but of course you CAN do a long one, it’s entirely up to you!

To add one minor clause for this challenge, please don’t upload the lamp animation, we’d like to see something original that is entirely unique to you. Second to that, it’s much better practice to work on new things.

I realize that this may lock out certain students who haven’t got up to the lamp yet, but don’t worry! It can be a bouncing ball, or anything super duper simple. If you haven’t played with animations before, there are a lot of good simple youtube tutorials to find what you are looking for.

In terms of uploading, I’m not sure if you can upload video formats here, but I do know that Sketchfab allows you to upload animations, so consider uploading there. Alternatively, upload to youtube and embed it here.

Can’t wait to see what you guys can do!

3 Likes

Great idea. And if someone is thinking that it’s too much, think small, maybe take a model that you already have and make a simple animation.
One example below(NOT my entry)

This was done simply by moving in one axis, very simple.

2 Likes

i made this in case i didn’t finish the real animation on time (maybe not my entry :slight_smile:)

5 Likes

I skipped the lamp and bunny section in the blender course, as I am more heading towards game asset production. I guess I have to finish the lamp course really quick. Never touched animations in Blender -.-

1 Like

Animating is surprisingly easy! Much easier than the cell-by-cell animation of 2D art.

For anyone struggling with the concept, I also recommend this quick, 20 minute tutorial! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKfGY5F1Bew
He also covers shape keys, which can be used for animation also.

The ones posted so far are great examples as to how it works. Can’t wait to see more of these; I’m taking a day off to work on my own submission!

1 Like

Thanks @McFuzz for the tutorial. I couldn’t resist and created my own version from it including the open animation :smiley:

5 Likes

Not too hard, is it! Blender makes animating easy! I can’t wait to see more submissions. Seems like we’re all learning things as well!

For anyone having difficulties, there is an addon called AnimAll, it’s already built in Blender you just have to activate.

This addon let you animate “everything”, even in Edit mode moving vertex or edges, it’s been really helpful to my animation for this week. I’m very excited to share my animation and luckily the last pieces of my new pc arrived this week (great timing), i will be able to render much faster than with my notebook :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I am making an awesome animation but the problem is that it will take Forever to render :sweat:

1 Like

If you upload on SketchFab, you don’t need to render at all. 'Cuz Sketchfab is maaaaaaagic!

I’m still in the modelling process of my animation, lol. It’s not going to be much, but I’d like to get a character moving for this challenge! I’m on the edge of a breakthrough, I tell you :open_mouth:

1 Like

:joy: ok i will try that magic when i finish the animation :smile:

I am animating a character too and i nearly finished the modelling

Awesome animation! @GamedevCala

A Ent that I made for another project.

5 Likes

I don’t know what I am doing ^^;

8 Likes

looking nice so far @GamedevCala :slight_smile:

Here is my entry for this weeks blender challenge :smiley:
Glad I didn’t gave up. At first I wanted to skip this week, because I haven’t done any rigging or animation yet.

11 Likes

And that’s the whole point of the weekly challenge; You learned something, and made something really great! This lil’ sheepy animation is awesome!

1 Like

Hey guys, as a Brazilian i did this challenge inspired on the Olympics 2016, more specifically, the pyre which was originally done by Anthony Howe.
But I did my own version, it’s simpler and has different rotation pattern. Hope you guys like it.
[edit] this was my first attempt with fire simulation, still a lot to learn :relaxed: )
(If you can’t watch the video below, click here )

I’ve made a small gif too

3 Likes

Sorry guys couldn’t get sketchfab to work like usual…i had a Galactica made and a viper so made a pretty awful viper flyby scene haha its official I suckl at animating lol …my comp is a bit too slow for it so its so choppy and hard to do anything…although i know so little about animation …it probably wouldn’t be much better with a good computer…anyways starbuck on a patrol run lol

2 Likes

Okay, so, I definitely pulled a cheap one right at the end here. I had intended to move the chararacter, but there were big issues with clipping and I didn’t feel like weight painting or anything, so… In order to include them anyway I made a half-baked animation with a horse and a smoothie. All things here were made by me, etc etc. But hey. Figured out a lot of stuff making this one, so progress has been made regardless x3

6 Likes

Privacy & Terms