The Blender Collab; Weekly Themed Gallery (Week 6)

I learned lots of thing for this challenge (how to rotate arround a vertex, how to use empty…).

My plane :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Finally! here is my entry
i was making that rig so i decided to make an animation with it this week.

i learned something really important making that animation

Don’t ever start animating without planning what you want to do or the results won’t be good
thats why the animation is far away from realistic (and because 99% of it is made in the same day :grin:)

i really love (The Blender Collab; Weekly Themed Gallery) I feel like it forces me to do something out of my comfort zone so i learn a lot :smile:

@Aapef how do you rotate around a vertex to achieve that animation i tried to make something like that before but didn’t know how?

@Lucas_Lima What is the method you used to create that animation i don’t think you animated each one individually?

1 Like

wow AbdullahAbdin, you had a great idea and the result is fine !

For your question, i don’t use this solution, i cut my paper in differents objects and put empty axes and rotate the axes.

But to rotate arround a vertex, here’s my solution :

Install AnimAll

Select the edges (1 & 2 in my example) you want to rotate and finish with the edge you wan’t to be the axe of rotation

Change the pivot point configuration : Active Element (in my example it will be the 3rd vertex).
Change the transform orientation : Normal

And now for the animation :

• in edit mode, use Points in AnimAll options

Click insert at the first frame, rotate (R, y, y in my example), click insert at the last frame.

To see the result, go back in Object Mode.

1 Like

[quote] @Lucas_Lima What is the method you used to create that animation i don’t think you animated each one individually?
[/quote]

Really liked your video man! Blenderception :joy:
I used AnimAll to keyframe all the planes that i used to “spawn” the metal pieces, I didn’t animate each individually i just added rotation to all in their own normal axis with individual origins turned on.
Like this

1 Like

Looks like that’s a close to this week. Lots of great animations! I know for a fact that everyone learned something this week, and that’s the name of the game after all. Well done folks :smiley:

Now, to pick this week’s topic, of the 7 submissions, the random number generator has chosen number 7: Which is @AbdullahAbdin and his amazing Minecraft animation! :smiley:

Congrats to everyone; Abdullah can you please create a new topic in the Showcase thread for Week 7’s modelling theme? :smiley:

Awesome work, we’re looking for a design for an upcoming GameDev mug. Would you like this to be included?

If so could you render this sort of angle at 1000x1000 px against a white background?

Privacy & Terms