The Blender Collab; Weekly Themed Gallery (Week 5)

And a close up of the turret that is one the ship. It still needs a bump map plus texturing which I’ll do in Substance Painter 2. :

5 Likes

i started to block out something then i realised that it is ( i think ) not a space ship but i was like oh that’s cool i will continue that :joy:

@Lucas_Lima how did you make that space background? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

These weekly deadlines really help me to get something done. Otherwise I would never release a model but always keep adding more details. Sizing down your scope is hard but a life safer :wink:

So this is my Spaceship for this weeks challenge:

:+1: Fail Faster - there is no instant win :+1:
Twitter: @GamedevCala - Blog: nerd-time.com - Twitch: GamedevCala

6 Likes

Gamedevcala this is just getting better and better you spaceship is really amazing looking mate! Such a great job your blender work is getting more and more awesome everytime you post something! I am so glad you mentioned i should fake it since there is no way i could get the geometry done in time…i thought about it and figured i really need to get texturing down better so did some tutorials and started on faking it for Glacatica and can see once i add bump, reflection and displacements maps it will actually look pretty good …this is awesome you can do this!..i knew about it but never tried before…this pic is just the very start no maps just uv not even adjusted yet but pretty sure by tomorrow eve i should have this quarter finished no detail model looking pretty decent! Great that you brought this up gamedev and got me started on the path to learning a new very useful way of making low poly barely done models look decent in a time pinch! Thanks mate!

4 Likes

Great! Have fun exploring the new path :smiley:

Cool ship!
In this case i used a milkway panoramic pic as a environmental texture and a lower res version of it as a light emitter!

How did you make yours background? :slight_smile:

I Searched in google images for space HDRI and tried some images then i chose one and made it an environmental texture.

i tried making space in blender but the image was better

this is what i made in blender

any ideas for better stars? :star:

WELL HECK. Here’s my just-in-time entry. I’ve been battling procrastination and started this one a little while ago today, and as such I’m nowhere near finished. But here it is anyway!

I’ve done something different! Instead of being a full ship, I’ve made a floorplan of a capital ship… Yes, it has 8 bedrooms, whatever, it’s optimized for low crew or something!

And when I re-upload it later I won’t give it a silly storefront background lol.

5 Likes

Faking it turned out to be way harder than i thought lol …best i could come up with so far …i need a ****** ton of practice texturing and working with UV Maps!! Not happy at all with this result …will finish it properly one day …for now onto the finish later shelf with 50 other projects haha

6 Likes

Hey guys! That marks the end of this week’s collab. Thanks everyone for participating!

I’ve had a bit of an idea I’ve been wanting to include as part of this for quite some time, so I will be picking the topic for next week. Head over to here The Blender Collab; Weekly Themed Gallery (Week 6) to see the new topic. It’s a special one, so I hope you guys will enjoy it!

Privacy & Terms