The Blender Collab; Weekly Themed Gallery (Week 15)

Hey guys! Before giving you the new theme, I’d like to propose a rule change:

• The winner chooses the next theme and the next winner. He can’t vote himself.

This is only a proposition, nothing more, up to you all and firstly to @McFuzz

So this week’s challenge is… Next generation game console! Imagine what is the next Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo or a new brand of yours gonna be like and present it to the world

3 Likes

Psycho that is a cool idea for a topic. No copying we have to use our imagination to come up with some cool ultra futuristic game console. This should be a fun week although initially I’m stumped haha

1 Like

I dunno, I kinda like the random magic 8 ball choosing the winner seems more fair imho but, is up to McFuzz and others who started this Weekly.

1 Like

The “Winner by votes” concept is what we use for the monthly. However, it would be fine to experiment with it for one time. The reason we didn’t do it in the first place was because the same people were submitting every week and some were absolutely exceptional. We’ll have a trial run, and if it works well we can apply it to the weekly, however the concept is built so everyone gets a turn at selecting the weekly, rather than the best.

2 Likes

@McFuzz No problem, just an initiative, you’re the mastermind behind it, it’s up to you :wink:

1 Like

Personally I would lean more to a turn based approach than a winner, at least from a labelling it perspective, only because it may be a little discouraging for someone not to “win” as it were, especially as it may have been a week where they were, personally, really challenged to make what they made, and it could be their best work yet.

That said a little competition can be a healthy thing, but because your creations are all so personal and everyone will have varying skills/experience it doesn’t feel like the playing field is particularly even, you could always use the “poll” option in your topic and put it to the masses for consideration?

In my opinion though, based on the quality of all the work being done here, everyone is winning every week - I really enjoy seeing what you’re all making. Well done and keep it going :slight_smile:

/2 cents

5 Likes

Here We Go!

I give you! :smiley: The Xbox E (Environment)

6 Likes

The futur : the BrainBox with hand remote

10 Likes

This is great!! Love it!

1 Like

slow week! Although the 2 that entered are really great work! Awesome job guys both of yours scenes are awesome! I was way to busy working this week to even attempt an entry.

1 Like

Well then! Even though there were only two submissions, they were pretty good. We’ll stick with the “most liked submission gets to choose next week’s” theory this time, because Aapef hasn’t had a turn picking yet! ;D

Congratulations @Aapef on winning the first non-RNG weekly submission! Please create a new forum thread with your topic for next week’s gallery.

2 Likes

nice job guys :wink:

1 Like

@Aapef…Great job! Not sure I am ready to have my brain plugged in to anything but, you have a great concept, nice texturing and modeling.

@Everyone…I been busy with another course and with some stuff going on at work so no time even if I had had an idea! I am afraid my mind just went bland on this Weekly Theme.

1 Like

Nice job all! We are harvesting grapes here, no time for anything else than checking my computer in the morning and go work :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Morgaine : the idea come from the excellent movie from Caro and Jeunet, La Cité des Enfants Perdus (The City of Lost Children)

2 Likes

This looks really cool - feels like a little irony with the brain in a jar and the words “Game Over” on the screen :slight_smile:

I have to say though, if I was going to invest, I’d want the wireless version :wink:

Really nice work - well done :slight_smile:

Really like the low poly style you used on this, I have a background on my mobile with a similar style, the player is awesome - great work! :slight_smile:

Thanks! @Rob

Low poly models are my favorite! :smiley:

2 Likes

Looks good. I havent used Blender yet, but I’m guessing making low poly models look good isn’t necessary a lot easier than higher poly models? As I say that I think to myself how daft in one sense that sounds, but for example, proportion is still a factor, a tree needs to look like a tree amd so on.

I would be interested to know your thoughts on it as it does seem to be an art form in its own right.

Yes, Low Poly Modeling is in some ways harder because you want to make the model look like something in the real world while keeping the polys down

1 Like

Privacy & Terms