The Blender Collab: Weekly Themed Gallery (Week 15: 2017) Cars

Looks great! Do you use a plane as emitter for your light? Most of the time use spots because they don’t produce fireflies if turned up and are easier to set up. Also concerning the hardness of the shadows (the higher the size is set in the properties, the softer the shadows will be). Of course you can also mix spots and emitter objects.

2 Likes

For a studio lighting setup, try this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9iPZ5glrfs
If you want a good way of lighting outdoor scenes, blender guru has a free demo of his pro lighting skies : https://www.blenderguru.com/pro-lighting-skies-demo/

2 Likes

Thanks guys I greatly appreciate the advice…Stefan I used a studio setup I got on blendswap for those renders lighting which does use planes with emmisssion. Jarhead I will give these links a look thank Yu mate! Hopefully my next renders will be better lit.
I’m so frustrated with this car .just when I think I’m closing in on being done with shaping I looked at a ton of pictures of this car and realised I am way off oin a ton of ways so back to the drawing board lol maybe I will remake that rear side panel with jar heads technique of tracing the edge loops first!

1 Like

Hey @rszarka the Video is finished :wink:
I’ve made a new thread, because I wanted to show a comparison to an older project I did.

2 Likes

Stefan i replied on your new thread
Jarhead when are we going to see your car model progress pics? Just itching to see how it is coming along!

My birthday was today so I didn’t have much time to continue working on the car being with my gf and my family. I’ll probably just make a new post when I’m done it. =D

3 Likes

Happy birthday :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks Aapef. =D

1 Like

Happy birthday buddy!! Hope it was an awesome one for you mate!

1 Like

Well i think im done for now… I almost got to the finish line there still are some parts to make and corrections to do but my computer is getting way too laggy working on it so will call it done until i get a better computer and properly finish it along with 50 other projects at this stage when i have the right equipment for it …

6 Likes

Thanks so much for running these themed galleries.

Thanks also for putting the theme name in the post title (e.g. cars), really helps me when looking through for amazing work.

1 Like

definitely a great source of inspiration/motivation and showcasing what amazing stuff the students are creating :slight_smile:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms