The Blender Collab: Week 30 “Travel impressions”

I googled it, I know what’s it…

2 Likes

I haven’t traveled much but if there’s a place that I’d like to visit again, it’s definitely city of Lviv
It’s got beautiful tourist centre but that aside, it’s well known for the chocolate that they’re making
It was probably the best chocolate that I’ve ever tasted, so I decided to make a this little scene as a memento of that city:

I used this picture as a reference:

I didn’t want to spend too much time on making it, so I skipped most of details and it kind of looks flat because of it :expressionless:
But at least I got to play with a few cloth physics and stuff

13 Likes

I decided to go for a cartoonish look of one of my favourite theme park rides (which is not a rollercoaser). Can you guess the park and the ride?
With this occasion, I tried animation for the first time, and I’m really proud of what I could get with the most basic of animation skills.
Mad tea party gif
Image format:

13 Likes

So the story behind this submission is a trip that me and my Dad went on this past weekend. We went up north to do some hiking and parked somewhere in the woods, we were gonna sleep there instead of a hotel because we wanted to somewhat be camping, but didn’t want to do tents. So instead, we brought blankets and cushions to put in the backseat, the problem is that our body heat overpowered the cold climate outside the car, so since we couldn’t bear the heat, and we didn’t want the tons of bugs outside to get in, we put one of the sheets over the windows to keep the bugs out, while having the windows open. The thing behind the trees is a golem who’s design is based off a rock I saw while we hiked: I got inspired by it and made this:

10 Likes

please don’t judge me. :slight_smile:
it’s 15 years ago, but it was a good time.

10 Likes

by the way this is (nearly) only one object edited in edit mode.
I have seen some videos from imphenzia, 10 minute modelling.

So i tryed to make a room that has something to do with the topic
and in special with a location that I have visited and that I associate with very good memories.

2 Likes

Might just be my screen but it seems really dark. Hard to tell what’s going on. Maybe could add some moonlight?

I think it may be your screen because when looking at in on my phone, it was darker than in reality, but on my computer, it seems fine.

Could be. Images on my phone are Always much darker, buy this one was also dark on my laptop. Not at home so I can’t check on my desktop. :man_shrugging: maybe you can disregard

There’s a way in Cycles to check light exposure! (Tip from a BlenderGuru video I watched a while ago) Under Color Management, choose false color, instead of filmic:

Areas that are overly bright lit are red, green/greyish is ideal. Blue is darker. :slight_smile:
It’s a way to evaluate the brightness of the light, no matter the settings of every individual screen. Maybe that helps!

5 Likes

I don’t seem to buy many souvenirs so did a photo I took that I’ve used as a screensaver (without the snow). Thanks to @Tyger2 and his thread a few weeks ago that featured glass and Textures.com.

11 Likes

Cool! Is it Japan?

1 Like

That’s right a shochu/sake bar in Tokyo.

1 Like

My little room

Slightly improved version of these

13 Likes

Dang! We got amazing submissions this week, great job everyone!

2 Likes

Nice! The second render is definitely much cleaner. I like how you stylized the window and door shape.

1 Like

Actually second scene in rendered in 512 cycles whether the first one was in 128 so that’s make a huge difference.:grin:

Bridge

You probably know this bridge. It’s pretty Iconic for the city on one side of it. You’ve probably also seen it get destroyed in many a monster/disaster movie.

This is my first time doing one of these low poly orthographic scenes. It took way longer than I thought it would. I’m used to focusing on a single/few object(s) at a high level of detail, where as this was many objects at a low level of detail. I like it because it changes the scope of what you can do. Much bigger/macro scenes are possible. I still need more practice at this style, but it was fun.

15 Likes

Nice work but I guess the clouds could be better. Great work though.

Beautiful low poly scene! Amazing job for a first attempt, the only thing that seems out of place is the clouds, a bit too realistic in my opinion, the water on the other hand fits despite it’s rather realistic look.

Privacy & Terms