The Blender Collab: Week 29 "What's your favorite movie?" (Closed)

Correct, that’s the one.

OMG I love this hahahahahahaha…

@Jaco_Pretorius I’ve never seen that movie, now you got me curious.

12 Likes

Daniel son!

1 Like

“Hai, Daniel-San… keep balance whoooole life.” :+1:

1 Like

@Jack_Mak_Morn my favorite movie has similar subject matter. Here’s my entry:

Other formats

GIF:
Scoreboard01

PNG:

Construction Details
  • Reused the wood material from my Laboratory entry.
  • I found this addon which you can use to export animated gifs. It can make even larger ones than this, but I reduced the resolution so the file wouldn’t be so big. The addon is called Bligify, and it worked pretty well!
7 Likes

Awesome! Everything is fine as long as Dux gets back the bandana of Jackson for an most heroic hospital-bro-moment - with a hospital beer for the wounded guy with a headfracture, of course :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I thought about doing the splits scene when I was thinking of ideas for this challenge.

2 Likes

In the hotelroom or on the roof?

2 Likes

Roof from behind with city below.

2 Likes

Epic. That’s one of those moviescenes you can remeber well even after years.

2 Likes

One week someone should set the topic of “JCVD doing the splits” and everyone has to model it.

3 Likes

:joy: I promise I’ll do if I win this one :joy:

1 Like

LOL. Well he does it a lot, so there are many different ones to choose from.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m working on my submission and I have a quick question:
I want to use a logo from the movie as a texture. Would posting it be a copyright issue for this forum? Does it qualify as fair use-education?

1 Like

My guess is that it’s OK, but I’m not sure. Maybe @Marc_Carlyon knows?

1 Like

TL;DR: Should be OK.

Warning! Wall-of-text explaining why it should be OK.

Usage of Logos fall more under the “Branding” side of the law than on the “Copyright” side of the law.

If you’re referring to this point from this site’s T&C…

the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;

Combined with this from the FAQ

You may not post anything digital that belongs to someone else without permission. You may not post descriptions of, links to, or methods for stealing someone’s intellectual property (software, video, audio, images), or for breaking any other law.

…the intent is to prevent piracy… i.e. don’t upload pirated material or links to pirated material.
e.g. posting a movie-poster = OK, positing that movie = NOT OK.

Pretty much all endorsed promotional material is public domain and distinct from the IP itself. General rule of thumb - if it is behind a pay-wall, then you can’t share. Additionally, if you do share something, give attribution if it is not clear. (e.g. if I cropped out the bottom of a movie-poster and posted it and said “hey guys! look what I made!” that would be a clear violation.)

WRT Logos, a company can only really come after you if you are grossly misrepresenting them or pretending to be them… In something that is clearly a derivative art work, they’ll have a harder time. Fan-Art and derivative works are generally protected provided you’re not attempting to make money off of it where the derived portion constitutes the majority of the work.

(Not a Lawyer, just attended a talk given by a lawyer on this type of topic quite long ago, so if there are any Lawyers who can back this up or refute it that would be great)

EDIT: added TL;DR and some clarity. Sorry for wall of text.

7 Likes

10 Likes

About 10 hours left as of this message. Get those last minute entries in!

@Enodes don’t recognize the movie, but nice render! A little depth of field might make the background a little less flat feeling. Is that a mint or green tea ice cream on the right?

2 Likes

Totally swamped by over ambition, and days of research. Being fussy for information. Failure to get rigging to work, so another day lost, and no different posing, or entire attacking force, or more than blocking (accurately) the layout. 10 hours, I need ten months!

13 Likes

Privacy & Terms