The Blender Collab: Week 29 "What's your favorite movie?" (Closed)

Very nice scene from Sabrina Blest.

Honorable mentions from me this week (in order of submission):

• @Ducaluk with the Alien scene (I’ve never actually watched the series so I’m not sure which one of the movies it is.).
  • @Sblendid with Aladin’s Genie.
  • And, @NP5 with … OK I’ve no idea what movie that is but I’m curious to find out so I can go watch it :slight_smile:
1 Like

Oh! Thank you! I didn’t use denoise… I passed some themes of the course too fast, and now just trying to remember material… .And I was so charmed with your creation this week, it is so laconic and expressive, it is perfect! May be I a little overdid mine, but It was fun. And I am always amazed with animation and sculpting in submissions here, that’s what seems for me too hard to work with…

1 Like

Love the color of your car! May be I will repaint mine?..

Hard decision, as always @Blest work is amazing, the fabrics, composition and even the theme (Sabrina, on of my favorite TV shows of all time), I love it all but just for the lulz I gotta pick @FedPete, Soylent green, you made me laugh way too hard.

2 Likes

Didn’t exactly have which movies they are from when making it :sweat_smile: but those are good guesses, except the jedi reminds me of the prequels. The lego figure is Emmet from The Lego Movie, and the balls are the pixar balls.

2 Likes

So, you probably already know this, but I know how long it takes to look things up sometimes. Just in case this is useful to you (otherwise just happily ignore it): Quick denoise-info.

Denoise the render:

Denoise node in Compsition (after you rendered):

Btw. I think you’d be really good at sculpting, just use reference and don’t give up when it looks ugly at the beginning. ^^ (That genie looked disastrous at times!!) But a graphic tablet helps a lot! Even one as old as mine, haha.

Anyways, love seeing more of your work. And everybody else’s too of course xD

6 Likes

PS: I’ve been checking out some of your other artworks. Really awesome. Reminds me of this Artist on Artstation that does some AMAZING things with Low Poly!!

Mat Szulik

9 Likes

Hah! One of my all-time favorite movies. Well done. Great spot lighting on the food, and I like the brief case in the back. Marsellus Wallace will be wanting that back soon. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@NP5 I would love to see you continue and finish those crates and sand bags. And bring in those zulus :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks. I suspect I will retain it as something to toy with. But may feel the need to start afresh with a decent topology human. Never really happy in low poly. Plus I have just discovered making clothing with real thickness makes all sorts of difficulty weight painting the rig influence. So it’s all been a learning experience. Or avoid auto weights.

3 Likes

Thank you! Felt like it was important to include the briefcase as a light source, still to this day wonder what was inside.

1 Like

Oh, how nice! And thanks for reminding about denoise… I wanted to find it.

2 Likes

Here added denoise! Looks better!

I stopped studying the course at sculpting. Because my creation was too weird. Now I took my husband’s graphic tablet and will try to use it, though I am not used to it…

10 Likes

The new character course (or updated), handles the sculpting very good. Even I got reasonable sculpt results.

3 Likes

I didn’t know it but have needed it already a few times - thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Or do naked characters instead. I am not talking about only creating nudes but also animals, aliens etc.

It’s in my list.

Just got inspired :wink: (Nice lighting was really hard though, because of weird reflections…)

Cycles:

Eevee:

10 Likes

Love it, and yes the Eevee render does seem over reflective. I do like the Cycles render though. Nicely done. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That looks great! Would you mind sharing how you did the inscription?

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms