The Blender Collab: Week 29 "What's your favorite movie?" (Closed)

Always thought one day Daniel-San would participate in the Kumite.
Cobra Kai taught me what he decided to do with his life instead… :joy:

1 Like

That’s ok, I would have prefered to get a vote because of my work instead :sweat_smile:
Yeah, I think it was a very hard decision for me this time… also because there are so many good movies the participants took!! As hard as it was for me I decided not to vote only because of the movie itself because to me it felt a bit unfair to the artistic work if I only voted on personal moviepreference.
We could create some JCVD-Movie-Splits anyways, even with out being the next topic :grin:

1 Like

Love your composition and the many different awesome objects in your render!! (Especially the cat of course ^^) If I might ask - do you use the Denoise node? It seems a little bit grainy? Or is that a style choice? (Now that I think about it, it kind of fits!) Anyways, awesome work!

It’s maybe not finished, but it already looks really nice!! Some more texture and detail and BAM!! Do you intend to finish it? And if yes, please share the results with us! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am thinking of taking the next competion off to finish it. Depending on the topic for next week’s collab I might try something quick and easy but, I’m expecting to spend the next week working on this one.

1 Like

Very nice scene from Sabrina Blest.

Honorable mentions from me this week (in order of submission):

• @Ducaluk with the Alien scene (I’ve never actually watched the series so I’m not sure which one of the movies it is.).
  • @Sblendid with Aladin’s Genie.
  • And, @NP5 with … OK I’ve no idea what movie that is but I’m curious to find out so I can go watch it :slight_smile:
1 Like

Oh! Thank you! I didn’t use denoise… I passed some themes of the course too fast, and now just trying to remember material… .And I was so charmed with your creation this week, it is so laconic and expressive, it is perfect! May be I a little overdid mine, but It was fun. And I am always amazed with animation and sculpting in submissions here, that’s what seems for me too hard to work with…

1 Like

Love the color of your car! May be I will repaint mine?..

Hard decision, as always @Blest work is amazing, the fabrics, composition and even the theme (Sabrina, on of my favorite TV shows of all time), I love it all but just for the lulz I gotta pick @FedPete, Soylent green, you made me laugh way too hard.

2 Likes

Didn’t exactly have which movies they are from when making it :sweat_smile: but those are good guesses, except the jedi reminds me of the prequels. The lego figure is Emmet from The Lego Movie, and the balls are the pixar balls.

2 Likes

So, you probably already know this, but I know how long it takes to look things up sometimes. Just in case this is useful to you (otherwise just happily ignore it): Quick denoise-info.

Denoise the render:

Denoise node in Compsition (after you rendered):

Btw. I think you’d be really good at sculpting, just use reference and don’t give up when it looks ugly at the beginning. ^^ (That genie looked disastrous at times!!) But a graphic tablet helps a lot! Even one as old as mine, haha.

Anyways, love seeing more of your work. And everybody else’s too of course xD

6 Likes

PS: I’ve been checking out some of your other artworks. Really awesome. Reminds me of this Artist on Artstation that does some AMAZING things with Low Poly!!

Mat Szulik

9 Likes

Hah! One of my all-time favorite movies. Well done. Great spot lighting on the food, and I like the brief case in the back. Marsellus Wallace will be wanting that back soon. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@NP5 I would love to see you continue and finish those crates and sand bags. And bring in those zulus :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks. I suspect I will retain it as something to toy with. But may feel the need to start afresh with a decent topology human. Never really happy in low poly. Plus I have just discovered making clothing with real thickness makes all sorts of difficulty weight painting the rig influence. So it’s all been a learning experience. Or avoid auto weights.

3 Likes

Thank you! Felt like it was important to include the briefcase as a light source, still to this day wonder what was inside.

1 Like

Oh, how nice! And thanks for reminding about denoise… I wanted to find it.

2 Likes

Here added denoise! Looks better!

I stopped studying the course at sculpting. Because my creation was too weird. Now I took my husband’s graphic tablet and will try to use it, though I am not used to it…

10 Likes

The new character course (or updated), handles the sculpting very good. Even I got reasonable sculpt results.

3 Likes

I didn’t know it but have needed it already a few times - thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms