The Blender Collab: Week 26 "What makes a Clown laugh?" CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration week 26 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn and get together.

Rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.

You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject.

Deadline is Sunday, July 12 T+00:00

This week’s subject: "What makes a Clown laugh"

As we all know, clowns make people laugh. But what makes a clown laugh? What brings a smile on it’s face.

New Blender collab, week 27 “Fish”

6 Likes

It looks like a riddle…

Yes, it sound like it.
It can be a new pair of shoes ofcourse!
Or a new prank …
I hope it will start your imagination!

1 Like

For some reason , when I see the subject , the word IT come to mind :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So create a scene and participate …

1 Like

I tried to run a Google image search with this week theme for a bit of inspiration, and that was a really bad idea

2 Likes

What did you got?

A mix of various incarnations of the Joker, Pennywise in several forms, a collection of disturbing to utterly terrifying clown masks supposedly intended as halloween costumes, and all of them were either not smiling at all or smiling in an “I’m gonna kill you in a long and painful way and I’m gonna love every moment of that” way.
Fun and wholesome stuff, you know

2 Likes

I’m not sure how you select your movies, but in my early stages of life I saw series like these in black and white. I think he likes traveling …

5 Likes

Well, you know, as long as the clown is laughing… You can’t expect a clown to share your sense of humour. He is a low paid, self-esteemless, potentially molested in his early years among us after all! You can’t blame him for being a sarcastic, dangerous psycho! We need to stop juging clowns… like I just did… Damn, I’m such a bad person. I’ll lock all doors and windows tonight, just in case a clown come to my place for revenge!

I should be Ok to compete this week, I just got substance yesterday, sound great so far! I got the modeling pretty much done, now comes the texturing part! Will be a lot of fun! I can’t wait to see what you guys are up to!

2 Likes

I still don’t have any idea on what I’m gonna do for this theme :rofl:

1 Like

Progress check !

How are you all doing ?

Difficult to find a story, what makes a clown smile?
Yes, maybe it is. So here’s my preview.

7 Likes

:rofl: :cloud: :duck: :racehorse: :cloud: :cloud: If I don’t come up with anything else this week, this is what I got: clown condoms! This reference photo is a real thing, btw, I found it on Flickr.

2 Likes

I took a course on substance to get better this week, 2,5 hours to go before completion! Once I’ll be done with that I’ll try to make some texture and share my progression too!

Hi Fed Pete, what did you use to make the prank store letters on blender?

Working on this mini golf clown from a certain 90s movie.

Something has come up with work this week, though, so I may not be able to finish the scene on time, but I’ll at least submit my work in progress.

9 Likes

I came across the Robin Williams quote “The clown makes everyone laugh, but who makes the clown laugh?”, and this prompted me to think about this theme in the context of mental health. I haven’t modelled in a few weeks but had a go at this:

11 Likes

Shopping for a new (second hand) prank.

14 Likes

It’s a mask to the world.

12 Likes

It’s like a painting, a piece of art. It has some resemblance with something …
And I like the idea of a mask.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms