The Blender Collab: Week 25 Themed Gallery (“PPE”) Voting Over Winner FedPete

Geez we have so many amazing ones this week! Great job guys!

3 Likes

Tried to extend my lab project though i wasnt able to get it as i planned .

13 Likes

My guess is you spent quite a bit of time on this one pal!

1 Like

Great work everyone, amazing job!

1 Like

Ok time over. Some great entries. Good variation of item too.

1 Like

Time to vote.
There’s only one rule: don’t vote for yourself :roll_eyes:

Aside from that rule, you can choose the parameter to judge the entries, some possibilities:

• best embodies the theme
  • most colorful
  • funny
  • technically advanced
  • realistic

Note: These are just thumbnails representing the submissions to save space. If you want to see the full submissions, scroll up ↑
In order of submission.

0 voters

6 Likes

How do you get the lightray of the flashlight?

2 Likes

Because I added a lite volumetric fog (principled volume) to the scene. (Just a cube, with that shader)
If you do this in Cycles, you get a lot of firefly problems.
The squares at the beginning of the beam is just an Eevee artifact.
I have no idea (yet) how to get rid of it. But I saw it also as a lucky accident (I like it).

Here a test run in Cycles 128 samples. The beam is nearly gone, but the light glow is much much better. In Eevee I added more lights to get some of the glow back (it’s not all blooming effect).
And in my final scene, I used 7 lights.

6 Likes

It looks like so. But it’s all basic Blender stuff you can learn here. Really!
PPE Suite just a bunch of spheres attached to an armature (for posing arms). The barrel is a cylinder. The flower is a random thing. The wall and floor, using a cell fracture add-on (breaks a cube into parts).
Important is time and project management!
You need to be able to finish on time. And easily switch, combine, move and or re-use objects.

3 Likes

:rofl: Not my intention. :rofl:
But while I was working on my latest animation, I became disillusioned with animation aspects of Eevee. And then I saw this challenge, got some renewed inspiration. Taking distance from the other project and rethinking how to solve my Eevee problems later on.
With this weekly challenge I had no problems with Eevee at all. I even liked Eevee …

2 Likes

The glow in the cycles version is cool, but it’s a bit over-powering. Also the spotlight is pretty crucial, so it sucks to lose it. I think you made the right choice going with the Eevee render.

This was my only nitpick, since the rest of the beam is smooth, and the scene is high poly. A very minor thing though. I think “Tile Size” is how you change it:

Lower numbers are higher quality, so 2 px is actually the best, but more intensive.

5 Likes

Didn’t thought of that. That Eevee would have it’s own volumetric option … THX.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for explaining! Gonna play around with that. Also i like that skeleton arm which i didn’t even notice before haha

3 Likes

Congrats @ FedPete you rocks man .

4 Likes

Thank you, thank you all.
Time for an new challenge!

2 Likes

New challenge “What makes a clown laugh?”

4 Likes

Great entry FedPete Well done.

A very interesting mix of uses of the subject all round, many good entries.

None interestingly related to the common use of the PPE acronym so much part of our lives in the last few months.

I made my item on the theme for once it was over. Still needs work, and room for lots of improvements. Very frustrating my thread looks like plastic wire. I added a procedural twisty effect but it seems not to come out. Plus I think it is responsible for some bad highlights on the loos unwound pink thread.

12 Likes

This is really well done, congratulation!

1 Like

Great job! Lots of details, the bug is impressive too!

3 Likes

Wow!! It looks fantastic and I love the scene with it`s emotional quality, besides I am a flower addict.

Privacy & Terms