The Blender Collab: Week 21 Themed Gallery (“Perfect Garden”)

ohhhh yeah, Elon Mush on a folding chair… I’ll try to do that tonight! It not finished yet, I had to cut the corners a little, my computer did not like the treatement it had last night when rendering that thing lol. It was laggy like hell when I was working on it at the very end. I wanted to add a few flower and some structure too but I don’t know if my hardware will agree… It may as well just melt in agony! I have a few more days to make it better, I’ll try to use them wisely! Starting with some optimisation I guess!

1 Like

Reminds me of the movie “Silent Running”.
Silent_running

1 Like

Sculpting progress pic.

The face is pretty bad, but I’m making some progress. The stone texture kills some of the fine details, but I think that’s covering up some of my poor sculpting, so maybe it’s good. We’ll just say I was going for that weathered stone look all along! :laughing:

Started to get into the sculpting though, and it was pretty fun. I can see why people like it. It’s a totally different feeling compared to box modelling. Feels more like drawing.

11 Likes

Never seen that movie, I made a few improvement tonight, I redid the martian ground to make it more realistic, playing with a few new nodes that I didn’t knew about, hopefully I’ll have a sky tomorrow! I would like to make a volumetric one, but as I never tried, that might be the thing that will make me miss the deadline…

2 Likes

Have you tried the Dynamic Sky addon? It’s pretty good for a quick and easy sky.

Stone Buddha wishes you tranquility in your perfect garden.

Here’s my finished submission for this week. [Background image from Textures.com]

I’ve still got a lot to learn when it comes to sculpting, but it was fun. I’ve seen a lot of good posts recently coming out of the Character Creation Course. Maybe I’ll give that a look when I finally finish the Complete Modeling Course.

Cheers, gang! Can’t wait to see the rest.

11 Likes

I want to see him in a real garden!

2 Likes

woh— this is really looking good! Great job!

2 Likes

A garden is not complete without flowers and grass .
If possible i would like to modify my entry i also did some composting in blender and here is the result
i am suprised to see how compositing changed the whole look of the scene .
i did change the dimension of the image from 1920 x 1080 to a 21:9 rato of 2560 x 1080 , cause it gives more cinematic look to the scene .

11 Likes

Made some change to the landscape yesterday, I think this is more marslike that way, still a lot to do. I’ll try to fill the space inside the dome and get some vulumetric dusty sky somehow.

7 Likes

EEEK time nearly out. lol

No warnings this week.

Snowdrops. Harbinger of spring.

Edit, update brighter.

9 Likes

The flowers are really nice! They are a bit hard to see though, because it’s so dark.

Did you also model the leaves and the grass? I mean, do they have geometry?

3 Likes

So lovely! Though dark.

2 Likes

Here’s my final rendering of the perfect garden, there are a lot of things that I should fix but time is running out, so this has to do.
This weekend I’m going to do a bit of study on joints.

8 Likes

Thanks, I was rushing the render late last night. Got up in time to do a new one. I was having issues with the white petals being too bright. In the light of a new day turning the light UP balances them to the rest better than my node based attempts to dull the petals down. lol.

Snowdrops and their leaves are all modeled high poly. Soil is sibdived plane displace mod, plus image, normal maps made from a photo. Old oak leaves are a plane fitted to the outline hand shaped up and down a bit, and just a photo just mapped on. Not a built texture like the soil. The base flowers and their leaves I made earlier in the year. Taking photos of petals dissecting the flower heads to get as flat a one as possible. The inner petals have an inside and outside difference. Plus all have the inner stamens etc. Hence I ‘knocked’ one over to show that. For this scene I hand tweaked several petals to add individuality from the five base flower stages. most pronounced and obvious on the knocked over one.

I thought this one would be quicker, having the many weeks work of the base flowers ready made. Sigh, sorting the scene out even so took ages. Still not happy with the soil plane hdri join line. Still it made me have another got at Materialize. More fighting textures and nodes stuff.
Will update image lighter in a bit. First try rushed, lol. mow see something else I wanted to fix.

Added close up.

9 Likes

Nice pictures! How to make voting post? Help me, please!

Click on the gear and then Build Poll.

THank you!

No problem. The rest takes a little fiddling to get it how you want it. I wasn’t able to get mine exactly how I wanted but close enough is close enough I think.

I did something wrong

Privacy & Terms